This is so much better than Alienware!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xdamnationx, Mar 8, 2008.

1. xdamnationx

xdamnationx Private E-2

Building this for a Friend

1 - Power Supply - 1000 Watt Ultra X3 Power Supply ATX SATA Ready PCIE Ready Energy Efficient.

1- CPU - CP1-DUO-QX9650 :: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Processor BX80569QX9650A - 45nm, 3.0GHz, 12MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, York field XE, Quad-Core, Socket 775, Processor with Fan (1.6 lbs)

1- Asus Maximus Extreme Motherboard - 45nm Support, Intel X38, Socket 775, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, Cross Fire Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, eSATA, RAID, Clear CMOS (6.25 lbs) Note: This Mother Board is amazing for over clocking.

2 Cards - Visiontek Radeon HD 3870 X2 Video Card - 1GB GDDR3, PCI Express, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HTDV, HDMI Support, Video Card (6.9 lbs)

2 Hard Drives- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 32MB, SATA-300, OEM (6 lbs) – Note seek time is slower than smaller drives but that’s cause it’s so big. 9.2 ns… Don’t worry us humans can’t notice this.

4 Memory Chips - Kingston 2048MB Dual Channel PC8500 DDR3 1066MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB) (0.4 lbs) Note: DDR 3 runs cooler than DDR2 so really no need for heat shield on the chip.

1- Pioneer Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Combo Drive (3.25 lbs)

1- Lite-On LH-2B1S Blu-ray Burner - 2x BD-R Burn & Read, 2x BD-RE, 12x DVD±R Burn & Read, SATA, Black (2.2 lbs)

1- Ultra / ChillTec / Socket 939/775/AM2 / Thermal Electric CPU Cooler (5.5 lbs)

1- Thermal take AquaBay - M3 Liquid Tank CL-W0031- you store the coolant in drive box and goes directly to the motherboard… Use crazy caution using this.

1- Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit DSP OEM DVD (0.25 lbs)

In my Opinion this is better and less pricey than the Alienware RIG I Priced!!
    What you think? My Real Name is David D- From NJ sup sup! a whole Lot Cheaper..

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I think that if funds are unlimited (and they must be) that you should go with a 64bit OS and up the RAM to 4gb or even 8gb. I also think if you were to wait 6 months, the price on several components (like the BluRay drives) will drop significantly while the performance of the drives will increase. But, price doesn't matter does it? ;)

Oh yeah- thanks for including the weight of the Vista Ultimate OS. My friends Vista Home Basic weighed .27lb, so yours must be faster, it being lighter and all....

(I couldn't resist the sarcasm. Sorry :innocent)

3. xdamnationx

xdamnationx Private E-2

Thanks for your input, that is a 6x blueray Burner for 399.00 and yes i agree in a few months most of this stuff you can find cheaper... I read somewhere 64OS may cause an issue with the duel cards or was it the large capacity drives.. so i decided to go with the 32bit. gonna check that out again. you know if they remove the clear plastic around the vista package maybe we can get it to 0.24 lbs and i save half a cent on shipping.. Sarcasm is cool with me I to have a knack for it.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Looks like a nice system. Been a while since I cooled one with water, but I think you could get better performance than that kit. (If I looked at the correct one). Small rad and narrow tubing don't look very efficient. I prefer a T line as opposed to a res, but that is personal preference.

You might want to spec your own cooling. I like DangerDen.

2 dual core 3870's? Nice... :D

E

5. xdamnationx

xdamnationx Private E-2

That Danger Dan shout out was nice.. Are you Danger Dan? I looked at his stuff and " I LIKE!"
    looks like I might create some bazzar water tubing fun with some of his stuff.

6. xdamnationx

xdamnationx Private E-2

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Neat looking card cooler. I suggested DangerDen because I bought stuff from them in the past. I had a problem or two, and they made sure I got everything running right.

E

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds