Dell Vostro 1000 "Other Drivers" Yellow Question Mark

Discussion in 'Software' started by smssoleimani, Dec 13, 2010.

1. smssoleimani

smssoleimani Private First Class

Hello,

For some reason this Dell Vostro 1000 has a few missing drivers that im not sure how to fix. Under device manager, under other devices, theres four items with yellow question marks: Base System Device, Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus, SM Bus Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatible), and oddly enough under Sound, video, and game controllers, for some reason IDT High Definition Audio CODEC have a yellow exclamation point.

I've tried finding drivers on dell.com and downloaded a few but they did not work, i wasn't sure which ones to download.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, the computer doesn't have sound (it beeps), some application do not appear as they normally should, and its just a mess.

Thank you,

Steve

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, smssoleimani.

Is there a Dell service tag # available? Also, what operating system and service pack # are you using?

If you have found the proper drivers, the usual order if installation would be chipset first, then peripherals. The Device Manager flags you're seeing are mostly chipset-related.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Definatly agreed Caliban as the SM Bus Controller highlights the Chipset is not installed, so would need to be installed first then PC rebooted and the other device drivers installed,

If XP and <SP3 then the UAA high def driver will need installing so smssoleimani do tell us the answers to the questions Caliban asked above.

Dell Vostro 1000 Drivers are HERE, just need your Windows version.

What I would also suggest is to attach the log from below as written as the permutations on hardware in Dell PCs are vast at times and this will give us some clue as to what hardware you have installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds