Using Linux Mint off DVD-Flash, Java updates?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rocktot, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rocktot

Rocktot Private First Class

Is it possible to use Linux Mint off disc, or pen drive, and update Java and Flash, as lots of websites will not play with whatever is installed now...??(Linux Mint 16)- Getting 17 on drive and DVD.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Rocktot

Windows XP pro. But Its not for Windows. What I mean is:When you run Linux Mint, or any linux off a pen drive, or a CD/DVD, they will not play Adobe Flash, and sometimes you can't download stuff because Java doesn't work either, outdated etc. So you have to upgrade it. I only have a Mint DVD, so not sure now how to update Java and Adobe while running off the DVD??

Like, if you have Java, adobe in a pen drive, can you run it from there? Or is a pen drive the way to go, so you can update the programs?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. Rocktot

Ok, cool, thats the way I want to go, thanks!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds