outlook express missing e-mails inbox

Discussion in 'Software' started by lyn, Oct 3, 2006.

1. lyn

lyn Private E-2

I thought I posted this question the 29th when it happened??
    While e-mailing myself a page from internet explorer I checked outlook to see if it had arrived. It had but all my previous e-mails (100's) were gone!!! Help in outlook could only refer me to my own (non exhistant) backups or a $40.00 program! Is there any reasonable way to restore them??
    Thanks for previous help with daily defragging and ccleaner I'm able to function with just a few freezes a day,
    Lyn

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

With the folder selected that should contain the missing messages (Inbox), go to View > Current View and click on "Show all messages."

Steve

3. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    Outlook Express and Outlook are famous for loosing folders full of email. Worst thing you can do is store email in them.
    As you get mail you want to save, save it to a folder in your My Documents. You'll never have to deal with lost email again.
    Or try this:
    Mail Utilities | Outlook Express Freebie Backup 2.9.0.3
    http://majorgeeks.com/Outlook_Express_Freebie_Backup_d4179.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds