Facebook Group

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Major Attitude, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I created a Majorgeeks Facebook fan page today. Would love for all our friends here to join in and make it huge. Thanks for considering!

https://www.facebook.com/majorgeeksdotcom or look to the top right of this page.

We have given away thousands of free registration code for software companies have provided including Grisoft, IOBit, Reimage, SpringPublisher, Ashampoo and many, many more to come. Be sure to like us to join the conversation and win free stuff!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Started a discussion which should help :)

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Joined and posted.

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Me too

5. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

No one is going to know who I am when I join! My real name doesn't remotely resemble FJM.

Oh, well.

6. Major Attitude

Thats ok, theres a thread started to tell people who you are on Facebook. :)

7. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

Facebook thread not forum thread. Gotcha. ;)

8. Major Attitude

:) I think it could be a cool way to meet other geeks, introduce them to us and so on.

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I would check it out, but the page won't load. :(

Oopps...forgot I added facebook to my host file...hehe.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  10. N5638J

N5638J Guest

joined it and posted ;)

11. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Joined but I don't do these sites, but for rare exceptions and MG's is one.;)

12. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

I joined, too. Hi everyone!!!!!!.....

13. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Oh goodness. Well, I'm there.

14. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

i joined too. i wanted to be cool.

15. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

What a shocker, when I joined all kinds of friends and family were already signed up, wow I feel like a mushroom LOL

16. TimW

Ummm...being a toadstool myself, now what?

17. augiedoggie

LOL @ the fungoid invasion!:-D

18. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

roflmao at darlene, Tim, and augie

19. TimW

NO!! REALLY!!!!! NOW WHAT???? Is there an instruction book on Facebook?? What do you think I am? 18??? I'm that dang baby in the "buy stocks on line" commercial!! Geeezzzzz.........................

20. augiedoggie

roflmao Such a cute baby too!:-D Obviously no relation.:p;)

Seriously, I have no time for that stuff, I'm busy enough with real forums.:)

21. Major Attitude

I deleted my Myspace account today, cant stand it there. Facebook is fun. I have found a lot of people I forgot about. Good privacy settings and most people stick to family and friends. I think you will like it if you never used it and I usually hate these things. Thanks everyone for their support, I think it can be a big help to Majorgeeks.

22. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

I joined the group too....and you're right, i've found alot of old friends i haven't seen or heard from in a while.

23. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Ditto :)

24. Major Attitude

25. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

got the message, but cant read it, prolly cause the acct was deleted...what was the reason?

26. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I thought this was a family forum?! :-D

27. augiedoggie

I must be a sucker for punishment, I joined again.:-D

28. TimW

I wouldn't belong to any group that would have me as a member. :-D:-D

29. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

roflmao - that doesn't have the same meaning over here as it does in the UK mcadam....funny tho :-D

30. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I would really love to join but I cant reveal the secret identity of the power rangers.. err I mean myself :innocent :-D

31. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Anyone know how you "unblock" someone? I'm being told by two people now that I have blocked them! Heck, I haven't been on long enough to even KNOW how to do that! Just so happens they are my sis-in-laws......oops :-o

32. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Find them by name or mail ID and add as friends :)

33. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I did that and they are there now. So I didn't have them on "Block" like Messenger where you can choose that - they just weren't yet added, right? I need a degree in Facebook LOL

Thanks sikvik :)

34. darlene1029

Can't tell who most people are, a few are familiar to me.
    Think the trick is find people who live in great places to go visit. :-D JK

35. augiedoggie

LOL @ the facebook primer Lev. I inadvertently blocked someone too!:-D

@Darlene Ya on knowing who's who. Some I knew and some I figured out, as to the rest....

36. darlene1029

I never could get that set right, I joined to find family, turns out they're all on facebook :-D much easier. I didn't realize it would mail from my email contacts though. Now I have to go figure ho to delete the myspace, seems I ran across that option while setting it up now I'll have to hunt for it.
    By the way thanks for setting up the facebook don't think I would have tried it after the stress (yes stress, when your old) of the other. rolleyes

37. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

joined this morning and posted......now I have to MG sites to go to!!!! Love it!!!:drool

38. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

found it joined it posted to it

39. darlene1029

whew this is a lot of work, friends, relatives, throwing stuff, miss a day or two and it piles up on you.

40. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

When you first get on the site it is very overwhelming! Although I have to say it is a great site to get in touch with family and friends that you have lost touch with over the years!

41. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

I've joined too....but gonna take days to figger who is who...;)

Shelagh

42. darlene1029

I don't think it's possible

43. darlene1029

Found one more I know, there's a lot of good looking people here.
    Thought I found BM turned out to be a dragon not a monkey LOL
    It's getting longer by the day.

44. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

WEll I joined, have signed up with 2 usernames, one for here and one from in the past and I have gone and forgotton passwords and such as for both accounts rolleyes ...browser didn't remember it, and neither did I.... and I also think I have been accidentally deleting friendship requests from majorgeekers not knowing who they are, so forgive me...

45. sherpaprime

sherpaprime Private E-2

I started facebook a month ago (i think - it's been such a long exposition, you know...) so i've been bumbling around there slightly longer and stumbled on a few things. When you first logon there is a box alllllll the way on the right with friend requests that are pending. At the very top of the screen is a blue menu bar with your name and beside your name is a settings menu. When you mouseover the settings a drop down menu appears, choose "Privacy Settings"; one the new screen loads, click on "Profile" and it's pretty self explanatory from there.

Good luck (it *is* confusing :confused - and unending :hammer)

"Curiosity is free-wheeling intelligence."
    -Alistair Cooke

46. Kestrel13!

Have to agree.. logging in is a chore for me :-D

47. darlene1029

Well it appears if you turned down a request it can not be asked of you again. :( Or maybe you intended that, :-D I have to say it's becoming pretty time consuming.

48. Kestrel13!

I am so sorry, I got your request and someone else's sat waiting in my inbox, but without knowing my screen names or passwords it's gonna be a better idea of I sign up again. Problem was I couldn't create the ID of kestrel13, I tried spelling it thirteen too, to no avail..oh well... I'll keep tryin :cry

49. darlene1029

That's ok, no big. Doesn't Facebook have a help? If not I'm in trouble :-D

50. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

FB is a bit overwhelming that's for sure! But, once you get the hang of it you can get around pretty smoothly.....I had a hard time the first month now I can get around good.....hang in there everyone!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds