Why am I getting radio signal?

Discussion in 'Software' started by The Kingfish, Nov 7, 2010.

1. The Kingfish

The Kingfish Private E-2

I'm converting LP's to wav using Xitel LP Recorder. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. When I open the software, I get a local radio broadcast, which is recorded along with whatever cut I'm recording. I sent an email to Xitel, but I thought someone here might have some ideas. What do you think.

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Radio Frequency Interference, RFI.

RFI and PC speakers

63 links on RFI

FCC: Interference.

Basically, you have a poor connection or a good piece of wiring acting as an antenna. You need to trace and shield, filter or replace it. It could be anywhere from your home wiring through to your cartridge or somewhere in the PC. Turntables often have a ground (earth) lead or strap, start there, if it's not connected, connect it and vice-versa.

It can be a long task to find the radio pickup point, stay cool :)

3. The Kingfish

The Kingfish Private E-2

Thanks, shortening the cable length and moving the pre amp did the job.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm pleased you got it sorted so fast :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds