windows vista problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by s2pid_phobia, Apr 8, 2008.

1. s2pid_phobia

s2pid_phobia Private E-2

Hello,
    I'm new here and I'm sorry if I'm doing anything wrong by posting here or anything, but I have a problem.

I have a Compaq with a vista os that i bought about a year ago, and lately ive been getting the blue screen of death and also a lot of error messages from things like werfault.exe and wermgr.exe or applications keep getting terminated by windows. My vista's always booted up really slowly but now im getting a lot of error messages. Sometimes I can't even check my sound properties (windows will jus say theres an error and close it) Not sure if this is related, but i play warcraft 3 the frozen throne and lately ive been getting fatal errors referring to the sound (and from the beginning ive had driver errors [not sure if its related]). I'm not exactly sure if I did anything wrong, but its getting out of hand and kind of a nuisance. I searched around and some people say the things like werfault and wermgr are harmless and dont need to be disabled. Also some people say the blue screen of death that I just started getting 2 days ago could mean I have a registry error and need to use registry cleaning software. I just download the recent windows update, but i'm not sure if thats related either. Can anyone please help me? I really appreciate this.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Post exactly what the BSOD says in terms of the first alphanumeric string like 0x000000## where ## maybe two numbers, a letter and a number or two letters. Also if there are any words, post what those say as well.

3. s2pid_phobia

s2pid_phobia Private E-2

i always forgot to copy what it said, but i jus had bsod at first, but this time it didnt show anything after my comp restarted

and now bsod are coming mroe and more frequently, i dunno what to do

should i use system restore? or anything? pls help

4. s2pid_phobia

s2pid_phobia Private E-2

this is what gets shown after i get a bsod:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1a
    BCP1: 00005002
    BCP2: C0801000
    BCP3: 00000927
    BCP4: 08926FFE
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041308-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Patrick Y\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-118560-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Patrick Y\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6279.tmp.version.txt

Not sure if this is important, but...
    I've tried cleaning my registry and I've used the defragmentor a couple days ago.
    I usually get BSOD when I'm playing games, but I just tried to turn of my laptop twice just now, and each time I got the BSOD.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

The only thing i could think of is your video card a nvidia based card?
    I'm asking because vista beta 2 was out and i tried it on my old gateway pc and i had a nvidia based card i kept getting a bsod but when i put in a ati card i had i stopped getting a bsod.

6. s2pid_phobia

s2pid_phobia Private E-2

i dont remember what video card i use and im not sure where to check to find out

7. plodr

You also need to get the error code and words (like stoprp error fatal error, kernal mode exception, etc) at the BSOD, not after.
    I'm not sure if this
    means it is an 0x0000001a error or something else.

To check the graphics card, open device manager.

8. s2pid_phobia

s2pid_phobia Private E-2

is there a way to copy everything down at the bsod? cause im kind of afraid to press anything once i get a bsod and then in like 10 sec, it restarts

9. s2pid_phobia

s2pid_phobia Private E-2

i checked device manager, but im not sure where in device manager im supposed to look to figure out what video card i have (sorry for sounding stupid and hopeless)

also, i got a bsod again, just now (i kno its not important) but it said afterwards:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 8D8B4680
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 81C2065F
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini041408-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Patrick Y\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-73336-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Patrick Y\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB624.tmp.version.txt

i also remember seeing "0x0000001a" on the bsod, but i still dont kno how to copy all the bsod showsbefore it restarts and im not sure if that was helpful

I'm not sure if this is helpful but this is what my event viewer showed:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 4/14/2008 4:00:47 PM
    Event ID: 7026
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: PatrickY-LAPTOP
    Description:
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    VClone
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-04-14T23:00:47.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>112146</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>PatrickY-LAPTOP</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">
    VClone</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

10. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

It's been quite a while since i used vista but what video card you have should be listed in video adapters (in device manager).

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

To blame a video card without knowing more information seems very superficial and generalized.

plodr, why aren't you using this? I've written it for just these occasions. Even if it doesn't gie a direct cause (often times it does), it is an excellent place to start, and may give vital information on finding the culprit.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

12. plodr

Because it is dated 3 years before I stuck my nose in here which means I did not remember it was here. :eek: I also know about a thimbleful of info for Vista. I'm trying to learn but it is slow going. visual aid, picture an old dog trying to learn a new trick and that's about where I'm at! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds