DPC and interrupts

Discussion in 'Software' started by DPC Overload, Dec 17, 2010.

1. DPC Overload

DPC Overload Private E-2

Just gonna give a thanks in advance to anyone who helps me with this plague.

I recently started having an issue where my CPU would run at 100% for long periods of time, when i opened task manager it did not show what was eating up all the CPU so I searched the web and found Process Explorer. I used that and found that my DPC's and Hardware Interrupts were the problem. DPC is using on average 50% CPU and Hardware Interrupts around 20-30%

I then searched more and found and downloaded RATTV3 but now this is where im stumped. I have the log of the stuff it scanned but no clue what it means. I am posting the Histogram but i honestly have no idea what im looking at so any help would be great.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3

Edit: I forgot to mention that my DPC and all problems seem to dissappear when my wireless internet seems to randomly turn off so during the time its off everything seems to be normal but as soon as the internet comes back all the problems start again...any help and as quickly as possible would be great cause im running way behind in school work since its all online

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you have a NIC in your computer, try connecting wired. Does the same strange behavior occur when on the internet? If not, it could be the internal wireless device is going bad. This comment
    makes me suspect something is not right with that device.

You could also try a USB wireless dongle but that involves installing software.

3. DPC Overload

DPC Overload Private E-2

did a full virus scan and it was clean.

EDIT: plodr you are the pinnacle of awesome right now, i unplugged the computer that was wired to our router and plugged mine in and DPC dropped down to 2% and interrupts 2%. also thank you for the tip for a dongle, I had a good laugh with the word and so did my gf when i told her about it but were going out and getting one right away...thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

My husband chuckles every time I mention a dongle. :-D

I hope it solves your problem with the DPC.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds