Is it impossible to attach folders with Outlook Express? What about other emails?

Discussion in 'Software' started by conceptualclarity, Jan 29, 2014.

1. I'm having problems with my History at Maxthon browser, and they asked me to attach my History folder to their support address. So far I haven't been able to do that with Outlook Express. Would I be successful with other emails? Am I doing something wrong that I don't understand?

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

conceptualclarity...

Have you tried zipping the folder? I think this will work. If you have 7zip, right click on the folder and select 7zip->Add to {Folder Name}.zip. The zip folder should appear right there in the folder. Use "Cut" to grab the zip file and "Paste" it to your desktop. Then try attaching the zip to the e-mail. You can then delete it from the desktop once it is attached to the e-mail...

3. Thank you for this advice. I was able to get that to work.

4. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

conceptualclarity...

Glad to be of assistance...:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds