Sun One Portal Error?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pumasoccer01, Oct 12, 2011.

1. pumasoccer01

pumasoccer01 Private E-2

:cry

I have been bang my head with this one.

Description: Once and awhile I get this error when access a link within a web portal.

Operating System is either XP or Windows 7
    Browser is IE (only) 7-9
    Java is always updated

Any ideas why this happens? :-o

Any Ideas how I can stop this from happening in the future?:-o

Cheers,

2. pumasoccer01

pumasoccer01 Private E-2

Does anyone have any idea?:cry

3. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Just so I understand correctly, you are getting an error when you are using Internet Explorer that says:

What is the exact problem you are having?

4. pumasoccer01

pumasoccer01 Private E-2

The odd time when I access a web portal with multiple links in it I get a ‘Java One Sun Portal’ error.

I have tried updating Java
    Uninstalling Java and re-installing Java
    Cleaning the IE filed (Internet Options)
    Reset IE back to defaults (Internet Options – Advanced Tab)
    Rolled Back to previous IE version
    Updated to new IE version

Other Browser are not supported in this portal just in case you ask.

So there are the details.

Is it possible the links that I am redirected to are on servers that are having Java issue???

I am so confused & frustrated

Cheers

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. pumasoccer01

pumasoccer01 Private E-2

Thank you very much you have been a great help, so basically what this means is if the end user has a version of Sun Java installed on their PC they are at risk of getting this error?

Is this in anyway the servers issues as they may have the Sun Enterprise Java installed?

Let me know your thoughts?

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I've never dealt with an enterprise edition of Java. I'm strictly a home user.
    I have no idea if the Enterprise edition error would indicate an error with the computer or the server that a web site is hosted on. Since I've never had this error pop up and I've been to a fair amount of websites in 12 years, I suspect it is on the computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds