BSOD x19 and xD1 probably caused by audio driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spirit28, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Spirit28

Spirit28 Private E-2

Some time ago I downloaded a new driver for the onboard audio chip (AC 97), I also switched over from Norton to Panda antivirus.
    I downloaded the WinDbg application an analysed the dumps.
    Most of the times it is caused by CMUDA.SYS which is part of the audio driver.
    I checked with C-mdia electronics but they need to have info (chiptype) I can not find out (yet)
    How do I get the right audio driver since this is apparently not working properly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Spirit28

Spirit28 Private E-2

Hello Sabrenx, happy holidays to you too.

I downloaded SIW, problem is it gives you lots of info.
    So I tried the website of C-media again but I could not recognize the chipnumber for the onboard audio device I could choose from.
    So I copied the motherboard info, the AC97 audio device info and the PCI info from SIW in a notepad file which I attached.
    Your help finding the right driver is appreciated, if you need other info let me know,

THX,

Spirit28

Attached Files:

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds