Delayed Write Failed Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by okn0tok, Sep 19, 2009.

1. okn0tok

okn0tok Private E-2

XP PRO SP3
    AMD athlon 2.76 Mg
    896 mg ram
    Compaq SR5413WM

Two HD both Seagate Barracudas one 250g the other 500g.
    (250g is a barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS and the 500g is a 7200.11 ST3500320AS)

The mismatch error occurs on the 500g drive. If and when I can actually get it to load in BIOS and boot into XP it gives me and I/O error and I cannot access the data.

Possible causes:
    I removed 1 gig of ram and gave it my son, I swapped his smaller 512 mg of ram. I believe this was the start of my problems as it probably caused a memory parity problem. So I pulled it and still get the error.

I had an external Maxtor (usb) but I unplugged it and plugged it in to my router instead thinking it could have been this causing it.

I do not have ATI graphics card but I made sure the Large system cache was set to zero for all drives, it was.

If you look on my other posts I have massive issues with RAID and drives loading at all if I pull one.

With that said Im upgrading the firmware on the 500g because I found out there is an upgrade. I will restart and see what happens.
    If this does not work I plan on removing this 500g drive and seeing if it has the same issue on another pc.

Will keep you posted. Any ideas aside from this would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

2. okn0tok

okn0tok Private E-2

Well so much for firmware upgrade as the first thing is says is DO NOT update on RAID systems. I will now try moving the HD to another pc and see what happens.

3. okn0tok

okn0tok Private E-2

Well after trying it as an external on another machine I get the same error then it crashes so I will chalk it up to drive failure. Of course it was my backup drive with everything on it. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds