Windows 7 vs Sony Vegas

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pheleos, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Pheleos

Pheleos Private E-2

hey guys, i'm new here and hopefully i can finally find a soution to my issue here.

i've been running windws 7 for a while and I re-installed most of my software incluiding Sony Vegas Pro 9.0, which ran fine on XP, but when i try to open it, it gives me an error message reffering to a file called "TWAIN_32.dll".

So i downloaded it and followed a youtube tutorial on how to fix it. It basically told me to copy said files to the folders "C:\Windows\Twain" and "C:\Windows\System", then run "sevices.msc " and find "microsoft image aquisitor", chage the calues to manual and run said service... which didn't work either, getting error 1068, no explanation.

I urgently need it for some projects. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try running SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt (CMD) to do this type CMD into the Start Search box in Win7 and then when CMD shows in the list right click it and choose Run As Administrator, then type into the CMD window, sfc /scannow and hot enter (do note the space between c and / plus also have your Windows 7 DVD handy as Windows may ask for it to recover the file).

Also try putting the downloaded DLL into System32 folder as well as the C:\Windows\Twain folder and see if that works.

Is your Windows 7 a 64bit version?

also from a command prompt (again an elevated one, see steps above) type when you have copied the dll to the above folders, regsvr32 twain32.dll and hit enter, this may help to re-register that dll with Windows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds