MCP61PM-HM motherboard drivers win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by james_ryan02, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey guys, I have recently run into the same problem. I have sucessfully installed windows 7 and upgraded by ram to 8gb with the 64 bit version.
    Mine is a HP Compaq Presario SR5085AN.

The blue screen comes up with the error mentioned above, and its every now and than, could be fine for 1 day but than could do it 5 the next day. I have tried to update everything I could, I am currently downloading that link that you posted previously.

I have tested for memory errors, and Hard drive errors, and both come back with no errors found. The computer was screwing up quite serveraly before i installed windows 7. it would not boot up, windows would freeze on loading. wouldnt work for about a week. Than one day it started so i thought id take my chance. I find it strange that ive tested everything and it comes back with no errors although there definatly is one.

Let me know what you think..

Thanks for your time,
    James

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error tends to link to drivers being the cause, did you do a clean new install of Windows when you added the extra ram to get to 8GB? or did you just pop it in and bootup?

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks by any devices, if so what?

Sadly and I was going to suggest a re-install of the Chipset software but the Chipset in your motherboard doesnt have a Windows 7 x64 one listed for the nforce 430/6150SE at Nvidia. But worth trying the ones Bill posted in that other thread HERE

If you disable all of your startups say using StartupCPL does this error still appear?

Random errors are a pain to diagnose, so the full BOSB code or minidump file attached would maybe help. Instructions HERE

3. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey, thanks for the reply! I installed the 8gb ram than upgraded to windows 7. My graphics card has given my some problems over the last few months so Im guessing it could be that. I have already installed Bills link and The blue screen still came up.

No yellow errors within device manager, but i have just downloaded the bluescreenview, so I will attach it within my next post. I have now taken out the graphics card and I am using my onboard graphics, through VGA output, so I guessing from this if i dont see the blue screen again, its gotta be the graphics card?

Thanks again for your help, everything is helpful. What do you suggest now, even though it is just like you said random errors are quite the pain!.

4. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey I opened the bluescreenview, and gave me this

[​IMG]

.. the USB code ones came up twice last night, never before, the majority of them before these 5 or 6 have been the error we have been discussing..

I have no idea what this means from these different errors. please let me know what you think.

Thanks again! James

5. DavidGP

Hi

Yes if you dont get the BSOD now as you have removed the main graphic card (btw what make and model is the card? is it the supplied in some countries nVidia GeForce 7600GS) then its likely that that is the cause.

The USB issues are a weird one and would generally link to the Chipset causing a problem, just a thought is this the first time that you have installed Windows 7 x64 on this PC? or has it been working before, also what was the Windows version previously, was it Vista 32/64bit?

Take out all bar 2GB ram if you can and see if you dont get any BSODs if you dont add 2GB more and so on.

6. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Thanks again. over the last 2 and a bit days, i havent had the BSOD come up at all. (with the card out) and yes it is the GeForce 7600GS.

This is the first time I have installed Windows 7x64bit and previously i had Vistax32bit.

I previously has 2x1GB sticks of ram in the computer, pulled them out and put 4x2GB sticks in. Both the memory testers came back with no errors nor the hard drive check.

Should I try disabling the usb ports and enabling them again? the drivers are up to date. Guessing the main problem is with the graphics card since it hasn't happened since I've taken it out. Ill probably go ahead and buy a card, if you could check this link, and let me know which one would be best that would be great. Apparently any of these are compatible with my computer.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/buy_now_results_ci.html?id=GFGT220

Thanks for your time, If you can get back to me with a specific card I should purchase and also some more information about my errors that would be great. Thanks!!

James

7. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Ok, just plugged my External into the front USB port and it didnt the exact same thing, although didnt give me the Bluescreeen, just restarted by itself..

What can i do to make these work. I have disabled the drives, and enabled them, still doing it. driver software for each all completely up to date and the bottom three
    - VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universial Host Controller
    - VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universial Host Controller
    - VIA Enhanced USB Host Controller

These three all have yellow error signs on them. Do i uninstall, since nothing else will fix the problem? why would this be happening?

8. DavidGP

Hi

Your graphic card should be fine for Windows 7 x64 as it has a dedicated Windows 7 x64 driver HERE, the issue seems to more be that fact that their is no chipset driver listed for the Nvidia nforce 430 which your motherboard has,

Dont know how open you are to doing a complete Windows 7 x64 re-install? as that would be what I would try and then do a Windows update and then install the graphics driver I listed above only.

The VIA reference seems as if a wrong driver is installed as that motherboard as far as I know its USB is controlled by an nvidia driver.

9. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

im more than open to do a re-install. The computer restarted, and also completely froze three times last night while trying to watch a movie from the desktop. ill do anything to fix these problems..

Whats the best way to do a reinstall? simply just put the disc in and do a recovery? or? (remember, it used to be vista, 32bit, i got windows 7 professional anytime upgrade) guessing it shouldn't matter anyway and can just do a system restore form the windows 7 disc?

And should i just reinstall, download the windows updates, install the last link you posted, and should i also go device manager and update every drives software? If you dont mind giving me an exact list of what to do ill follow it perfectly and hopefully itll be up and running...

Thanks again for your help its been more than appreciated!

10. DavidGP

Hi James

Did you get a physical Windows 7 x64 CD or a link from Microsoft from the Anytime Upgrade to an ISO to allow you to burn a DVD of Win7?

The re-install is easy, as you just follow these instructions HERE (from Daniel Petri) and then first check Device Manager for any yellow ! marks and then run Windows Update to get any missing drivers and updates you may need.

But before the above boot into safe mode (F8 at boot and choose Safe Mode with Networking) and see if your PC behaves ok?

11. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey, sorry its taken to long to get back to you.
    I have to physical dvd, I used the ISO to install it at the start, while they sent out the disc. I have now done a reinstall, Problem is i cant download the programs i want and the updates are still going, My internet is capped.

I have played approx 6 dvds from my external hard drive through the same usb port and nothing has gone wrong. Haven't had a blue screen at all yet which is good. I haven't got any yellow marks next to anything in the device manager, although I dont think i did at the start the last time I upgraded. I think they came up yellow after a few updates.

My internet refreshes on Monday coming, so I will start updating everything, finishing all installs, and start downloading my programs, and from there i will let you know how the computer goes?

Also, one other thing, the Nvidia link that i sent you was possible cards that would suit my machine, I know mine is fine for windows 7 64bit but the fan has seen better days, loud noise and i would like to replace it. Could you tell me which of those cards you would recommend getting, basically after the best one there. http://www.nvidia.com/object/buy_now...tml?id=GFGT220

Thanks again for your time, youve been great!!
    Ill get back to you soon
    James

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  12. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

hey, sorry just to clarify my first sentence last post, I have the physical disc, and I have just done a fresh re-install with the disc.

Also, disregard the Nvidia link as I have already purchased a card.
    Cheers

13. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey, I have the same problem again. I have reinstalled windows. I haven't installed anything else. Was able to play around 10 dvds through usb without any dramas. Within the last 3 days, I haven't been able to get through 1 dvd, it either freezes up completely, or gives me the blue screen, with the same different errors as posted previously. If I ran checks on the hard drive, and also the memory and received no error, than they cant be damaged can they?

This is over my head at the moment, I have tried everything you've said, and Im still receiving the same error.

I could try to put the original ram back in to see if I get the same errors, thats the one thing I haven't tried yet? If the ram got ruined from static electricity or something alike, than would that show up on the memory test?

Please get back to me
    Thanks again for your time,

James

14. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Private E-2

I have the same problem and so far what I have been able to determine is it's an incompatibility problem with Seven. Seems to be a common error and so far I have tried different suggestions and so far nothing seems to be working. It's kind of annoying and I'm hoping ATI will smarten up and make a compatible driver for seven.

I did however install a standard VGI driver. The only problem is it causes a slightly slower response time. The computer didn't crash when I had it installed. I uninstalled the driver and let the program pick it up off the internet. I don't know the address to it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  15. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Ok, I see what your saying although I spoke to HP and went through exactly my systems model and specs, and It was fine to upgrade to Seven without receiving any errors.

Also, David, Last night I took out the RAM and replaced it with the two exisiting 1mb sticks. I had a Tv series on loop as i went to bed and there was no blue screen or restarts. Still too early to make sure there wont be any but ill let you know.

For both of you, If you ruined your RAM by static electricity or somehow, SOMEHOW ruined it putting it in. This would show on a memory scan wouldnt it? because when i had the 4x 2gb sticks in it would come back with no errors and be registered on bootup..?

Thanks again for your time guys.
    James

16. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Private E-2

Maybe I'm on the wrong wavelength I just reviewed the posts and I thought you were refering to another issue. My bad.

I keep seeing you refer to static electricity and what doesn't hurt us is actually a component killer.

My question for you is when you were handling the ram, did you feel a shock between you and the ram? If there was then you possibly did ruin the ram and no it won't show up.

Static electricity can cause problems

When I was in college taking Network Administration. I was upgrading memory on a desktop and you could hear the shock between me and the component and the look on the teachers face said it all because he was standing right there when the shock happened. The computer kept crashing afterwards, it may have been the powersupply as well. I can't really remember but I do remember it did use the ram after the static discharge happened. Everytime I moved the computer it crashed and I think it was a bad powersupply. It could've been the ram too. I ground myself all the time now.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  17. DavidGP

Hi James

If the older ram sticks are working ok then, what are the exact type of ram you bought for the 8GB (4x2GB)?

Asking this just to double check the type and if its compatible (•Supports PC-4200 (533 MHz), PC2-5300 (667 MHz), and PC-6400 (800 MHz) DDR2 DIMMs) from the spec list HERE

Are all 4 sticks perfectly matched? ah tell you what if at some point you pop them all in and your PC boots ok then follow the below and attach the log as listed and I can tell.

Does one of the new rams sticks work ok on its own? also just to cover a base, pop out the motherboard battery for 10mins to reset CMOS, and then check date/time and any custom settings as well as boot device (especially if you are running Raid) and then pop in the new stick of ram.

Yes it would generally show in a ram test as the ram would completely error in all likelyhood.

Just thinking with most of the above steps to follow and try that the ram you have in the 8GB may not be compatible, also its possible that a BIOS udpate may cure this but would like to see the Speccy log to see what BIOS revision you have already.

18. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey, I have followed your first set of instructions, I havent popped out the mother board battery nor seen if one memory stick works. Let me know if you still want me to do that.

I have attached the log, which u can see my system specs.. Let me know. The sticks and everything else by my knowledge are all compeltely compatiable.

Also, come to think of it, the other guy talked about his power supply. About a month ago, i put the power cord back into the computer, and a large blue spark came from within, wasnt too sure where at the time cause it was unexpected but it turned on straight away afterwards. (not too sure if it was before the bluescreens started or if it happened than bluescreens starts, memory is shocking cause I thought it was fine since it turned on again so i thought nothing of it. Let me know what you think about it, I didnt think of it since the bluescreen logs i posted earlier to you were showing IRQ or USB drivers.

Let me know what you are thinking or what to do, if you can make sense of that ahha..

Thanks again, your a great help.
    James

Attached Files:

19. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

One other thing, Computer just froze, its not even getting to bluescreen every 2nd freeze or restart is a bluescreen, sometimes it jsut restarts aswell.

After playing half of a video after putting the 8gb back in to get the speccy log it just froze, screen froze, sound frooze and buzzed.

I have taken 3 out, so at the moment there is 1x2gb (new) sticks in there. I will let you know how that goes... the old memory didnt play up at all..

20. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Private E-2

Also, come to think of it, the other guy talked about his power supply. About a month ago, i put the power cord back into the computer, and a large blue spark came from within, wasnt too sure where at the time cause it was unexpected but it turned on straight away afterwards

Are we talking about your computer or someone elses? A big blue spark is not a good thing.

Can you list the info off the memory sticks?

21. SnowFalcon

SnowFalcon Private E-2

Something else just crossed my mind.

If the computer stops giving you issues with the one stick then what I can suggest is to add in one stick at a time. That way if one of the sticks is bad, you'll know which one is the culperate. Or you can switch them out one at a time and see if one crashes the computer.

22. DavidGP

Hi James

Yes resetting the BIOS may cure a setting up, at times I have seen a PC not work properly, then a reset of the BIOS and check date and time as well as boot devices and any custom option settings and save and exit the BIOS and boot into windows worked.

So do enter your BIOS and write down the settings so that when you reset you can enter them back.

Yes the Ram sticks are identical Kingston KingstonDDR2 PC2-6400 - 2048 MBytes sticks so they should work well together, so to test them only have one of the new kingston sticks in at a time and use this application HERE to test them, will need to burn the app to CD/DVD and can use this app ImgBurn to do this (its free) and then you will need to pop the CD/DVD in the drive with Memtest on an make sure in the BIOS that the CDROM is the first boot device as you need to boot to the app.

Then run the tests the longer the better and do this for each one at a time, if all pass ok, then I would do as SnowFlacon says above and add one stick at a time.

23. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey mate, I didnt burn it to disc but i used it whilst windows was running. I only tested one of the sticks (since free version only allows 2gb) as it went for an hour without any errors. I Im flat out with work atm so i gave up I decided to start with one stick and than add more

The first stick worked fine. as it ran for a couple weeks with no rebooting, bluescreens or crashing 2nd stick was fine, as it played a video on loop for 48hours, I than added another stick, and within 1 hour it crashed. I removed this stick, added the 4th, and the computer hasnt frozen, bluescreened or restarted at all after a couple days.

I think (HOPEFULLY) the problem was a faulty stick? Is it rare or common to receive one stick faulty? I cant believe its taken so long to figure this out and in the end its a faulty stick?? (if it is)

It comes up in bios being fine, the scans that were run say no errors, but from swapping sticks in and out, it only crashes with that stick in it?

Also, i still havent reset the bios. Do u still recommend this? I havent done it because ive never done it before so been advoiding, really the main reason is really busy with work. but let me know if you think i should?

Also, snowfalcon, yes it was my computer which a blue spark came from, it was from adding the powercord although the computer was off? I turned it on 1 mintue later and it was perfectly fine.

This is probably confusing you david with all the crap ive just ranted on about, but should i investigate further into this or put it down as a faulty memory stick? With that stick out, I havent had any errors, but I just could have some in a few days, since its only been 2 days since trialed.

The other thing I would just like to mention is that the computer had troubles before i did any of these upgrade, (windows 7 and the ram). I was running vista, and 2 gb ram. The computer at times would just not turn on, or it just wouldnt load windows. Im not too sure what this is but since ive had the computer being turned off and on so frequently recently, its been fine, maybe the upgrade to 7 has cured this? Im just letting you know of this cause im not going to be suprised if I have another problem soon.. haha getting to use to it.

sorry for the reponse all over the place I just wanted to let you know of everything thats going on, and questions that may be of relevance.

Thanks again for your time, Hopefully we are almost there.. :)
    James

24. DavidGP

Hi James

Good bit of detective work and I would imagine that that stick is the faulting one and its not fairly common to get a duff stick of ram, but it happens, I have had 2 out of 4 in a matched set fail before.

Just RMA them and get a new stick.

I would hang off on the BIOS as it seems as if for now your PC is working well.

But if you have another problem then we will see what we can do, but do remember to start a new thread on a new problem as that helps reduce any confusion.

David

25. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

ok, well it seems that ist the problem. I think im going to put it down to the ram is completely fine, and its something else. It seems that its just doing it at different times. Sometimes freezing straight after the last freeze, sometimes takes a week to do.

Havent had any bluescreens lately, because its just freezing completely before getting there.

Since I was mentioning about the spark I experienced, could it be soemthing in the power supply which is making the computer freeze/trying to recover before something major happens? I Honestly dont know what to do from here on? we have tried a few things, ran tests on everything possible, with no errors showing. Is there a way to fix this, what would you suggest?

If you have the time, could u possibly read this thread quickly again and see if you pick up anything that i may have mentioned.

Thanks again for your time and patience, youve been excellent help!
    James

26. DavidGP

Hi James

Ok thats good if the ram is fine, then yes its likely to be something else, what that something else is could be a number of things, with the spark, it could have been PSU and trying another PSU can rule that part out as the cause.

The worst bit is that a spark of power from the PC could have damanged the motherboard, but as your PC seems to in the main be working ok, thats a longshot for now.

If you are getting freezes, next time one happens, reboot your PC then open Event Viewer up and then look in System and Application log lists for an error (red X) at the exact time of the freeze, then copy and paste the error message into notpad then attach to your post and I/we will have a look and see if anything springs out as a cause.

Just to recap, you have no yellow ! marks in device manager? is Windows 7 now at SP1 and upto date?

What tests did you run?

Are all 4 sticks of ram in the PC now and working fine?

27. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hi David, Thanks for the quick reply.

There are no yellow marks against anything in device manager.
    At the moment i still only have the 3 sticks in and the one i thought was faulty has been left out.
    Everything is uptodate.

I have attached the log which you asked for. It seems that the main CRITICAL error is Kernel Power? Ive added some other errors surrounding these criticals just incase it helps or you find anything else. let me know whats next, thanks again
    James

Attached Files:

28. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Also, i forgot to mention in the last post, that the last critical error, got to a bluescreen and it said bluebird64.sys...?

29. DavidGP

Hi James

The Kernel Power error is related to your likely BSODs and the system not registering that you shutdown properly (in a crash your not going to have the chance to shutdown properly) and some info HERE but I am thinking more along the lines that this error is more a consequence of another issue.

bluebird64.sys took me a while to work out what that was (had to search past all the mention of potential malware and the ubiquitious registry cleaner fixes) and do you have a USB TV tuner or a TV card in your PC? or for that matter any USB devices be they printers and bluetooth plugged in?

30. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hi David.

Bluebird was a hard one for me to find, i couldnt figure it out, neither could my mate. I do have a Tv card within the pc, although not through usb, you simply plug the aerial in. I havent used it since we have no tv reception. only other thing i plug in through usb is my hard drive, but only when i need a file, and also the printer is usb. Nothing via bluetooth.

The printer comes up saying that the usb device is unrecognized, even when i have downloaded the drivers from the Brother website for it. It used to work, it works on my mac for the meantime so i havent bothered to persue that problem.

When my mate was looking at it just before i started this forum, we were trying to figure out that it was a usb problem. Only thing is the computer still gives bluescreens and freezes when NOTHING is plugged in to any usb device.

One other thing is that since my last post with the critical shutdown, 3 days ago, the computer has been turned on the whole time, and i have been building models in sketchup for at least 8 hours a day, nothing has gone wrong. I find it wierd that its every now and than.

Well i hope that helps. thanks again
    James

31. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

I have just looked at the icon on the bottom right 'saftey remove hardware and eject media.

- Theres 4 things, my usb, my hard drive, and 2 bluebirds?

I have just clicked the eject on the first bluebird and it says
    the 'Fusion HDTV USB, AVStream capture (DVBT-DUAL)' can now be safely removed from the computer.

The second blue bird is the exact said the exact same.

I dont get whats USB about it. its a card within the computer which doesnt even have a usb port on it nor connected by one.

Hope that helps, should rule out the printer..

32. DavidGP

Hi James

We should be able to also rule out your HDD as external USB HDDs dont use a driver of that nature, your Printer should be fine (but will have to look at that once we have stability back to your PC in another topic prehaps, but as its on a MAC then at least your have printing capabilities so not a biggy as yet)

As to the USB bluebird, now that does seem to be a bit of a in-road into your BSODs, so if you safely remove both, if not already, then go into Device Manager and look for the TV Card and disable it/them, lets see if that adds stability for you.

33. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hi David, Yeh I safely removed both when I posted the last post. It has now been 5 days since the last freeze reboot, and I have been running large programs (several) (saving every minute ha) throughout this time for atleast 10 hours a day/night. Nothing has gone wrong

I Disabled the cards just than. I will let you know if anything else happens. Do you know why the card would do this? I used it a few years ago, but never since. Would this most likely be the answer to my problem after all this?

After I finish this design I will add the last memory stick back in to see if it was the card and not the stick?

For the printer, ill sort that out.

Thanks Again, great help!
    James

34. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hi David.

Once again i have Jinxed myself. Minutes after I poster the last post, The computer just froze, music stopped, mouse frozen, the computer stayed on, the screen was still lit, just frozen. The tower was still running but no loading. just stagment with the fans still running.

I looked in event viewer, and there was no errors shown. I will attach the log so you could check it out for me.

James

Attached Files:

35. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Please ignore the attached log, I saved the wrong section, there was a critical error which made it freeze, once again kernel Power
    Ill attach the right one this time. Sorry

James

Attached Files:

36. DavidGP

Hi James

Possible that the TV Card has wrong driver, or Windows itself is mis reporting the hardware and added the wrong driver, so disabling is wise for now.

This Kernel Error message now highlights another line and its a CPU thermal trip, so dont think we have gone over temps as yet as initially it doesnt sound temperature-ish but more driver, but worth covering the temp side of things and download and install http://majorgeeks.com/SpeedFan_d337.html then monitor the temps for an hour or so and post the max CPU, Motherboard and GPU temps.

I'm possibly leaning towards a new clean install, with just three of the ram sticks in for now and see how that goes? will await your thoughts on this and maybe a few other last ditch suggestions from me!!

37. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

The card has been disabled, and I just got another restart and reboot on its on just than. ill attach the log for that one too.. its the same thing more or less.

I wont be able to do a fresh install for a while as i have too many programs which im switching between and installing them again will just throw my timing out to get this done. I have installed windows fresh twice already?

I will download and install the link and let you know in an hour or so the temps.

Cheers

Attached Files:

38. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hi David,
    I have now had it running for the last couple hours, here is what i got.

Fan1: 1829 RPM Temp 1: Max 40 Ave 24.3
    Fan2 925 RPM Temp 2: Max 46 Ave 45
    Fan3 0 RPM Temp 3: Max 25 Ave 25
    Fan4 0 RPM HD0: Max 42 Ave 42
    Fan5:0 RPM Temp1: Max 40 Ave40

CORE Max 51 Ave 35.5

Let me know your thoughts
    James

39. DavidGP

Hi James

I know you have installed Windows a few times, and it would be my last resort option or suggestion as I hate re-installing Windows and suggesting it, but once I get past a few weeks with an issue a clean install but one thats then installed systematically slowly and with drivers apps installed in set order tends to highlight any issues.

Check BIOS for a temp monitor option, it could just be set too low in its warning of an overheat (tell us what its set at), I will need to also double check any BIOS updates for your motherboard PC again to see if they are needed for not only Windows 7 but any temp issues.

as for temps those seem ok, not as cool as I'd like but should be fine.

40. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey David,

I dont have that option within my BIOS?
    Take your time, let me know what you come up with

This is greatly appricieated,
    Thanks

41. DavidGP

Hi James

I'm loathe to suggest a BIOS update as I know they are fraught with issues, and the main one is a bad update, which can render the motherboard unusable, the original makers BIOS udpates I have never perosnally had any issues with so long as you dont turn your PC off until its finished or it doesnt crash half way through.

But to find a fault with your PC and hardware at present I would feel to rule out any software and drivers would need a new clean install and done in a set way of install, to try and capture the cause, similar to

Download all drivers needed,
    Make sure Windows CD is original one, or if slipstreamed with a Service Pack its on a new CD and burned as slow as possible.
    Unplug the TV Card if possible and only have the main C HDD plugged in if PC has multiples for now and any other peripherals.
    Install Windows and install during the process (F6) any SATA/RAID driver
    Once Windows is installed do not add drivers of any kind but check to see it works ok, if it does then install Chipset, Video and Network and check all is ok over a number of hours (likely in time period that it would normally crash)

then if OK install all the other drivers and check, if Ok then install Windows Updates and check if ok then Security Software and
    so on, a REALLY slow process, but may capture the cause.

If you wish to venture into the BIOS updates the info is below and well your choice.

The BIOS update and their is one your current one is Version 5.05 and the last known one is 5.27 http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bi...wEnvOID=2105&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=2

It fixes an issue with 4GB of ram (and likely plus that amount as in your 6-8GB) with a S3 power wakeup error as well as a CPU one in AGESA which is AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture *I needed to look that one up as I dont use alot of AMD CPUs*

42. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

hey David,

sorry its taken a while to get back to you, Ive been incredibly busy with uni/work.

I would like to just let you know, I need the computer for at least the internet, I can download and install the programs I use easily. So when you say chipset, I sorta need to add the network straight away.

One thing i dont understand is how do I install windows with out these drivers and etc installing automatically, I never installed my graphics card nor driver. Its all automatic.

I have the original windows cd.
    I can take my tv card out.
    sata/raid drivers?

From this i would reinstall windows, let its do its job, are the any setting i need to play with so it doesnt automaticaly update the drivers or install them automaticaly?

Is there a detailed list of instructions that you could find for me?

Thanks again for your patience, and great help
    James

43. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Also, I tried to download that bios update within the link you provided, I recieved this message after accepting term and conds.

Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update.
    Update has been cancelled. (9998)

44. DavidGP

Hi James

No problems on timescale to reply as I know only too well how busy folk can get, I'm the same at present, that busy that actually coming on the forum here at Majorgeeks is a rest bite for me.

Don't know on the BIOS update, that was the listed one for your actual motherboard, so I'm lost on that one.

can you get by for your work needs at present? if so I would try to live with the issue for a while, if its not too bad, but if it is then a backup of data then a reinstall is the option, drastic I know.

You could once Windows is installed install the Chipset then Network and GPU drivers etc but not any 3rd party apps as they could be the issue and the re-install is to more find the issue then to get you back up and running as if you install all apps again you may be back in the same boat.

As for detailed instructions, mmmm their are some HERE but the basis is to clean install Windows and now say your drivers only to get you to a basic point, and see if that is stable, then add apps one at a time, starting with security.

45. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

I can get by with work needs at the moment, Its just that i have to constantly keep saving just incase and sometimes (mosttimes) i forget. hahaha, so let me know if you want me to hold off on the reinstall?

The apps your talking, the only programs i put on the computer is Autocad, Revit, adobe creative suite, sketchup, just design based programs which wouldnt create problems, and never have problems with.

I have just realised I stopped installing service pack 1 for my computer due to internet being slowed...

Could this big a big step towards sorting the problem? Im sorry I didnt mention it, I didnt know myself. Ill wait for your reply to download it.

Thanks again mate,

James

46. DavidGP

Hi James

I know the feeling of constantly needing to save, I have to do this on my network in work, still don't feel its robust.

But back to your issue, I would hold off on the re-install until a time you have finished as much work as you need your PC for, so a holiday period is best time for big jobs as in re-install.

AS for SP1 for Win7, well its not a major update, most is compatibility and stability updates, but that could be what you need, its going to be a leap of faith into will it help or hinder! but what I would do is try it and see, BUT before you do I would download the 15 day trial of Acronis True Image and create a Image file of your Full HDD (C: Drive ) onto preferabily an internal/external HDD or failing that DVD RWs and you wull need a few of them as a HDD is GBs in size so many DVDs will be needed.

Then install SP1 and see if that helps, if not and makes worse using the boot-up recovery CD of Acronis you can restore your Image file backup and your back to how you where before the SP1 install.

I do somehow feel your issue is the chipset and the fact that Nvidia do not have a fully compatible one for Windows 7 x64, but to rule this out the clean install would be needed I feel.

There are other Image applications and some free as in Easeus Todo (love this free app) or Macrium Reflect, but I know Acronis very well and can troubleshoot that app as well as knowing folk at Acronis that can help also.

Well enjoy your weekend and I likely have given you some things to mull over, but holler if you wish to fine tune or discuss the options in detail more.

David

47. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hey David.

I have installed service pack 1. evrything went smooth but its still giving me the erros. bluescreens with different error codes, freezing, restartings etc.

I have gone through a couple times and read everything weve discussed in this forum and I didnt end up getting a new graphics card. I held out till we could narrow it down. Im guessing this could possibly be the problem, although when we did test it without the graphics card in its slot, the computer still gave a couple blue screens with just the onboard graphics. Since then Ive had it back in.

Ive been shutting down my computer at night now, and this morning I woke up turned it on and it gave me this message.

Mediashield ROM BIOS 6.94
    Copyright 2006 Nvidia Corp.

Detecting Array.....

nothing happened after 10 mins. I simply turned it off and back on, booted back up perfectly. It restarted by itself an hour after this.

Does this message trigger anything that you know of?? would you reccommend to go ahead and purchase a graphics card, ive got one lined up for $50 or would it not help getting a new one?

well hope this triggers something. Thanks again for your time

James

48. DavidGP

Hi James

Detecting array seems to be to be that the BIOS is looking or searching if you have a Raid Array on your PC (iirc you are not using Raid and HERE is what Raid is if you didnt already know)

When it restarted was this a random shutdown and reboot? if so anything at the exact time listed in Event Viewer in either System or Application logs, likely system log? if so attach in a notepad file the error message and code.

I think its still down to the motherboard and chipset not fully supporting Windows 7 x64, sadly, still would like to see if work for you though, so lets keep trying, I know its a pain, but never know with more data and errors we may find a fix.

Before buying a new GFX card can you borrow one? dont install it yet as we will need to clean uninstall some drivers and then install the card and install new drivers to make sure no reminents of old drivers are left, so if you can borrow one let me know an I will post some uninstall instructions.

David

49. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Oh ok. thanks for that information..

Im pretty sure this happened when I was booting the computer up after I shut it down the night before. First time really. I think it does come down to not being fully supported. As I was previously typing this to you the computer gave me another blue screen, one I have seen before. it was ; PAGE_FAULT_IN-UNPAGED_AREA.?

I will keep posting the errors I recieve. I wont purchase a card, I could track one down although would I need to if i do a clean install I can just use the onboard graphics? Im possibly able to do a fresh reinstall hopefully next month. Instructions would be great..
    let me know

Happy Easter!

50. DavidGP

Hi James

No all you would need to do is to uninstall the graphic card drivers that are installed now, then pop out the graphics card from the PC, pop the new or borrowed one in and install the drivers for that model.

To unsinstall the Nvidia drivers for the 7600GS you have installed now then run the blow info.

If you want to do a full reinstall then the guide I had in mind is HERE and when you decide to do this let me know and I will type up some steps to install the drivers, and in the meantime I will see if I can find a better or hopefully more compatible chipset over the next few days or so. Happy Easter to you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds