OTHER DEVICES DRIVERS? Packard Bell Easynote M36

Discussion in 'Software' started by Beanz, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Beanz

Beanz Private E-2

Hi,

I am asking for some help with drivers for this laptop. I reformatted it for my son as it was his dad's old work laptop.

I reinstalled Win XP on it, but when it came to the end of the installation, there was no sound, no internet access etc.

I have tried looking for the drivers and I have installed something which I thought were the drivers...enmh36_winbios_p05.. but that didnt seem to fix the problem.:confused

I have downloaded Everest and run it...I have attached the file to this.

Basically, when I go into my device manager I get Yellow Question marks with an exclamation mark in a diamond. The devices are:

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
    Ethernet Controller
    RT8187B_WLAN_Adapter
    SM Bus Controller
    Video Controller
    Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I would really appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction as I am now clueless. I don't want to end up downloading something else and break it even more..:-o

Many thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi Beanz,

Try inputting your details in the Support > Download centre link here, this page shows a recall for batteries, you may be affected?

Install the Intel chipset drivers first, then the graphics drivers (if needed), networking drivers, ...

3. Beanz

Beanz Private E-2

Thank you... I had a look at the site and there doesn't seem to be Windows XP drivers? There are drivers for Vista and Win 7... would any one of them be ok?:confused

4. satrow

5. Beanz

Beanz Private E-2

:cry:cry:cry:cry
    I've tried all of this...I downloaded the right wireless driver, but for some weird reason I cannot connect to the internet. I can see my Router, and when I enter the WEP security key, it accepts it, but Status is Not associated and the IP address doesnt show up...

I am at the point of just telling a very excited little boy that there is no chance of a laptop for him!:(

6. satrow

I am able to see your earlier reply, it was caught up in the forum spam trap though - too much crying going on ;)
    Try again after rebooting the router.

I rarely have problems with wireless here, maybe someone else will chip in with a fix to allow the connection to succeed.

7. Beanz

Beanz Private E-2

Ok... "I am not worthy" comes to mind. So far I have the sound and I have INTERNET!!!! Whoooooohoooo

I'll let you know if I spoke too soon, but so far so good:-D

8. satrow

Great, keep us informed :)

How did you fix the wireless issue?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds