Cant access hotmail ! ! !

Discussion in 'Software' started by saty, Nov 5, 2004.

1. saty

saty Private E-2

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me, cos im in total despair here :O(
    I am able to browse over the internet normally however i am unable to access hotmail or msn. The hotmail web page used to redirect itself to PerfectNav now that i got rid of PerfectNav i view a blank page with the message "The page cannot be displayed". I would greatly appreciate anyone explaining to me what might be causing this is it some sort of spyware? And how can i remove it ?

Thank you very much
    Greatly appreciating any advice on this matter.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

You probably have some leftover junk in your hosts file. It's in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\etc folder. Open it with Notepad and delete any lines not preceded by a #, except for 127.0.0.1 localhost. If it's not there change whatever line starts with 127.0.0.1 to look like that. Save it without a .txt extension-- you may have to anyway, then delete the bad hosts file and then rename your hosts.txt to just hosts.

3. saty

saty Private E-2

Thank you very much for your reply.
    I had tried checking the hosts file already and i only have one entry which is
    127.0.0.1 localhost. Would you know of any other feasible solutions to the problem im having.

Many Thanks,
    Saty

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

5. Rob_Ford16

Rob_Ford16 Private E-2

i am new to majorgeeks and i have a similar problem. i can browse the web and i can go to hotmail.com but i cant check email or download any updates for any of my programs. my outlook express cant download my hotmail either. its not my firewall because i disabled that and it still does the same things. when i do try to sign into hotmail it just says this page cannot be displayed. i have adaware SE personal spybot and the new AVG anti-virus and none of them detect anything. please help me before my account gets deleted from hotmail!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds