BCcode error - random system crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cgbmax, Aug 26, 2008.

1. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

the system will reboot - mostly while playing DVD's - and the following error report is produced by XP:

Error signature
    BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 804E2E45 BCP3 : B7449BD8
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Error content
    C:\DOCUME~1\Ino\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER616f.dir00\Mini082608-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Ino\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER616f.dir00\sysdata.xml

is this a hardware problem? i.e missing driver, etc?

thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Is telling you where your computer placed a minidump file.
    This explains what it looks like and how to determine what is causing the problem
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

Since minidumps are placed in a Temp folder, if you've cleaned, they will be gone. But take a look in the C:\Documents and Settings\Ino\Local Settings\Temp to see if there are any minidumps.

3. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

Hi,

After running the debug and so on, what would be next?
    I had some difficulties while running the debug.

4. plodr

After the section Bugcheck Analysis, see what is listed as the faulting program/driver/module and post the info.

5. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

Tried to locate: C:\Documents and Settings\Ino\Local Settings\Temp but I couldn't - this folder can be loacted by simply using the "explore" function or is a hidden folder?

6. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

..obviously I lost the minidump files while running the CCleaner; however, what I don't understand is why the system will save the dmp's under temp file when my computer/advance/startup & recovery is set up to save them under C/Windows/minidumps?

7. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

I ran the windebug and this is the report. hope this will help.

Attached Files:

8. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

.............possibly Nvidia driver error - I installed the drivers again , couple of weeks back and still have the problem.

9. plodr

I saw the nvidia but I also see this
    What antivirus are you running?

10. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

I'm runnng Avira antivirus personal edition.I also have Comodo, Ccleaner and SuperAntispyware. Zonealarm as firewall.

11. plodr

avnotify.exe is Avira's updater.
    You should not be running Avira and Comodo - two antivirus programs. Maybe that is part of the problem.

12. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

I'll unistall the Av and go for Comodo only. I'll keep u posted. Thanks.

13. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

it hapend once more but the CCleaner deleted the minidump - was a scheduled scan...so, I lost it. The mouse will sometimes freez up now (for a couple of seconds)..could be somehow related?

14. plodr

Mouse freezes can be caused by something running in the background that is taking up most of the CPU's %.

15. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

is there an easy fix for it? how can I determine who's "eating up" cpu%? it never happend before. in addition to comodo, superantispyware and zone alarm, I'm also running Tune up utilities (RAm optimizer, etc). Thanks.

16. plodr

Easy fix - no.
    Open task manager (ctrl + alt + del) when the mouse is freezing and see what is using a lot of the resources. The problem with this is that if the mouse is freezing, task manager might not open until the computer unfreezes and by then most of the % might be back at system idle.

Long, slow, boring way...get a startup monitor program and kill some of the things from starting up. See if the computer freezes; if it does, then probably the items you disabled is not causing the slowdown. Enable what you had disabled and kill some different items from running at startup until eventually you figure exactly what 1 or 2 items creates the freeze. As I said, it is long, slow and lots of trial and error until you figure out the the problem.

17. cgbmax

cgbmax Private E-2

syst just crashed - again. managed to run windeb and attached the report. could you please take a look? thanks

Attached Files:

18. plodr

Sorry, you know as much about debug as I do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds