Help with Exact Audio Copy (EAC)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jackson, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Jackson

Jackson Private E-2

Hey all,

Well... I've now moved on to EAC as my ripper of choice and now am wondering if anyone knows how to activate the other LAME presets. EAC is currently set up with the Additional command line options as: %l--alt-preset 128%l%h--alt-preset standard%h %s %d

I'd like to try the --preset medium setting.

The current preset sounds great but was thinking of a little smaller file size for the portable MP3 player.

Thanks,

Jackson

2. utownconcrete

utownconcrete Private E-2

2004.!? hehe

for best results here's what i do.. eac for extraction, make sure the settings for your drive are set for secure mode.

then tick the "action" tab then "detect gaps".

then the "action" tab again and "create cue sheet" then "multiple wav files with gaps... (noncompliant)".

then the "action" tab again and "test & copy selected tracks" and "uncompresed" this will give you uncompressed wav files

then get razorlame for encoding and use this command line "-V0 --vbr-new -m j -p -b 32 --replaygain-accurate" and use lame 3.98 it's the only version i've tested that i could actually hear a difference in sound quality. i can't remember if that version comes with eac but if not..

in compression settings tick the box "use external program for compression" and in the "use file extention" box put ".mp3"

then you'll need to set "external compression" tab to "use defined encoder"

then browse for where you have the lame encoder and chose that.

razorlame is optional it's just my prefrence so if you want to use eac for encoding use any of these command lines..

a) For V0 rips:
    -V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg "%m" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

b) For V2 rips:
    -V 2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg "%m" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

c) For 320 CBR rips:
    -b 320 -h --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg "%m" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

what you're left with are mp3s, a cue sheet and a log file of the cd and method of extraction.

3. Spartan

Spartan Private First Class

I tried EAC for a day then removed it. It is so hard to get into and certainly not for n00bs like me

After doing much review, I ended up buying dbpoweramp as it is one of the best out there and has an easy user interface and preconfigured settings for diff. profiles (MP3, FLAC, etc)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds