How to access recovery partition on Asus laptop.

Discussion in 'Software' started by odysseus, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odysseus

odysseus Private E-2

Please can anyone tell me how to access the recovery partition on my Asus A4000 laptop.
    I lost my manual and Asus have not been very helpful!
    I need to restore Windows XP Home to original state.

Thank you
    Odysseus

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

This might help you.

Asus Recovery System

I’d like to give you a brief description of the system recovery utility all notebooks from ASUS come with. You can use it from a special hidden partition on the hard drive by pressing F9 at system startup or from the included Recovery and Driver&Utility discs (to do that, you should press Esc at startup, select Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM Drive and then change the discs as requested). The system will offer four options to you:

1. If none of the following recovery options is selected, the computer will just be rebooted to load Windows (if Recovery is started from the hard drive) or run the bootable disc in the optical drive.

2. The first partition is deleted (the others remain intact) and a new system partition C: will be created.

3. This option removes all the partitions from the hard drive and creates a new system partition C:.

4.This option removes all the partitions from the hard drive and creates two new partitions C: (60% of the drive’s storage capacity) and D: (40%).

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds