computer wont read harddrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by krissflynn, Jan 22, 2005.

1. krissflynn

krissflynn Private E-2

Went to wipe my harddrive and wouldnt read from the cd or floopy toook the harddrive out and use another computer to wipe and format it with hard drive works when put in any other computer but when put it back in my own it just beeps anyone got a clue

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

OK, I'm having a hard time following you.

What doesn't work. Do you actually mean the HD? If so why even mention the cdrom and floppy drive? What made you remove the HD from the first computer? Was the computer failing to turn on?

You're saying that when you put the HD back into the computer it beeps well booting up right? If that's the case it most likely means you have the jumpers set incorrectly or the cord not fully plugged in.

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Check you cables
    What brand HDD, go to manufacture web download Diagnostic utility, then use the utility to format the hdd.
    Maxtor's is called "MaxBlast"
    WD is "Data lifeguard Tools"

Next Question is your boot order set to boot to CD/Floppy before HDD, if not set it so HDD boot's last.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds