For anyone using Google Chrome Browser

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oma, Apr 18, 2011.

1. oma

oma MajorGeek

Google tightens Chrome Plugin security, requires permission for Java and Quicktime.

http://www.browserscene.com/
    Excerpt:
    BTW: Browserscene com (new) replaces downloadsquad com, the website that closed just recently, same writers.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers for the heads up Oma and wow this one may gain some legs in a story as while many users install Java and QT, then they have to clickthrough a authorising box or message then many will not like that option (i'm more talking about general novice users over the geeky types as the geeky types do know more about security issues and are not phased as much by that extra click), I only have to thing back to UAC in Vista and how it popped up for near everything, more subtle in Win7.

If Chrome does remember the per site setting if you actioned it as an "always run on this site" thing then it woild only be a hinderance once, but we will have to monitor PC/Temp and Cookie cleaning apps for them removing this per site setting.

One to watch how the comments go.

3. StanW

StanW Private E-2

Chrome has an extension called Click and Clean, it is like CCleaner. It deletes all private and browsing data, I hope!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds