Help Playing Games (please Help)

Discussion in 'Software' started by hits109, Aug 29, 2006.

1. hits109

hits109 Private E-2

Hi, im new here, i felt this was the place to post my problem.

When ever i am in the middle of playing a game, all of a sudden the screen goes black for a few seconds and then when the display does come back up, i get this animated fuzzy screen with the game still running. the only way to get it back to normal is to Alt+Tab out of the game and maximize it again. But after a minute or so it comes back again. this happens to most of my games.

I have the very latest Nvidia drivers and still i get the problem.
    I know it might be something to do with my graphics card... maybe adjust some settings... i have tried changing the refresh rates.. but didnt work.

Can someone help me? I have uploaded a video if you dont get what i mean.

http://rapidshare.de/files/31180122/CIMG0529.mpg.html

my system spec:

Amd AthlonXP 2500+
    768mb RAM
    GeForce4 Ti4200 64mb
    120GB harddisk
    Win XP SP2

Thanks in advance

2. froggy_style

froggy_style Private E-2

cpu and ram should be good for most games, the gpu is a litle low on memory with 64mb.. what games do you play?

3. hits109

hits109 Private E-2

At the moment i am playing Call of Duty 2, FlatOut 2, Fifa 06. those are the main ones. I knw 64mb is a bit low, but if anything this should only lagg the games, not do this. They do run smoothly its just this fuzzy problem...

4. froggy_style

froggy_style Private E-2

iff you can run CoD2 on that card smoothly your running it at low settings probably.. i never tried it with a 64 mb card but simular games are likely to freeze when it gets crowded with enemies :) , giving a framerate of 1 maby 2 fps so not playable.
    check the video settings on the game maby you can adjust them a bit higher

5. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

I'd suggest checking for incompatibilities, but it shouldn't do it across several games. You might want to anyway.

The other question I have, is did this start following a driver update? Or have you had these a while? I experienced problems after updating the drivers for my ATI card. A rollback to the factory drivers solved the problem.

6. goina

goina Private E-2

I had a similar problem too, and factory drivers also solved the problem of my ATI card

7. jedandjess

jedandjess Private First Class

The only thing I can suggest is that the Geforce 4Ti card is getting old and may be on it's way out. Check the fan is clear, that the card is not running red hot etc. These cards were beasts back in the day and still very capable but now they are 4-5 years old (im guessing) they tend to pack in about now. Thats all I can think of, but of course it could be a driver problem too.

8. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

That's not neccesarily true, because I was running some pretty new games on a Voodoo3 for a while. But the truth is the Geforce cards don't last as long as they should.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds