Wont install any drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by walshyfz86, Apr 27, 2009.

1. walshyfz86

walshyfz86 Private E-2

Im running vista home premium 32bit on a hp pavilion dv6000

it will not download drivers or anything for printer or a video camera. I wanted to upload video VIA firewire to my dv port. it would not install. And there are no drivers for it. It says installing. then cant find drivers. There are none available for the video camera. And canon says vista you dont use a driver. There are none available for xp eaither. I had the same problem with a few HP printers and a canon printer. Nothing worked. Please help me.

Camera is a canon elura100 MINI DV.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

According to Microsoft, the camera is Vista compatible with a required free download. I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you install the file from this direct download link, it should do you what you need. You should probably install the file and reboot BEFORE plugging in the camera.

3. walshyfz86

walshyfz86 Private E-2

i just gave that a try but that did not work. thank you though

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:confused I'll do a bit more research in the next day or two. If I find something useful, I'll post it. You could always try Canon tech support (if they have it) or maybe install your Vista updates and Vista's SP1 if you haven't already.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds