A Super Corsair H100?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frankzro, Aug 9, 2011.

1. frankzro

frankzro Corporal

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...06015&RandomID=893207610221619720110809122331

Please see link to see the Product, I am thinking of Converting my Corsair H100 to the Push/Pull solution.

In review they say the fan and I am not sure if its only one fan, but they say the thing consumes 48 effing Watts ! :banghead

I was thinking of maybe attaching two to the CPU cooler ( Corsair H100) and Maybe another one at the bottom of my Case or maybe the back of my case ( Using Level 10 GT)

Here are my PC specs... Can I accommodate?

Mobo: Gigabyte G1.Sniper
    Processor: Core i970
    CPU Heatsink: Corsair H100
    Power Supply: Corsair Gold AX850
    Memory: DDR3 Kingston HyperX T1 - 1600 x2 3 triple channel memory ( 24GB ram)
    GFX: x2 HD 5770s in Crossfire
    Computer Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
    x1 SSD Corsair Force 3 60gb ( for OS)
    x1 Blu-Drive
    x1 Seagate 7200 RPM SATA 3 1TB

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Meh man, a 65 dB fan will drive you nuts out of your room!:p:-D:confused You want quiet then get something around 20 dB's for whisper quiet. Ya, it'll cost a bit like investing in a Noctua.:)

3. augiedoggie

Nothing wrong with that but I don't see the need. What are your temps @ %100 load or any load for that matter that you may have to go push/pull? I do have some experience here.;)

4. frankzro

frankzro Corporal

Hrmm I have not gotten my system up yet since the Mobo incident...

But I was reading that push/pull really helps with the airflow of the case and really cuts CPU temps down, I wanna OC the chip T_T. Im gonna try to get the CPU you at lease 3.8 - 4.1 STABLE O_O :duck !

5. augiedoggie

I have no experience with an i970, if you don't like it then I'll pay for the shipping, I can use it till it bleeds.:p:-D

As far as cooling goes, stay around 75 and you'll be fine.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds