How to download private torrents from multiple ips?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MultiP, Mar 19, 2010.

1. MultiP

MultiP Private E-2

Hi.

1st of all, i'm not a noob, so dont reply to me in "that" tone.

Okay, so its like this, when we download .torrent files from a private tracker, the downloaded .torrent file has some kinda code in it, that allowes us to download it, so if i downloaded it (the .torrent file) at my home, it wont work (the .torrent file) at my office, right? So i was wondering if we could somehow make it work, perhaps by editing the torrent file or something....

2. MultiP

MultiP Private E-2

P.S. i just noticed my username is missing an "l", can the mods edit it please?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

On the user name, fixed, hope I put the l in the rigth place.

IIRC private torrent files will only start at the location you first start or initiate the download, so if at home it wil work, but wont continue the file at a works IP and vice versa, so best to finish the download on whatever IP addy its started on.

Dont think off hand you can edit a torrent file as its set by the originator or tracker.

4. MultiP

MultiP Private E-2

Thanks Halo, i asked the same question on Yahoo! Answers http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100321014155AA2XoZC, and according to them it should work, well, i'm gonna try it tomorrow, if it works, fine, if it doesn't, i'll have to search further for a solution.

P.S. the username was supposed to be "MultiIP" but "MultiP" is fine aswell.

5. MultiP

MultiP Private E-2

I tried, it wasn't supposed to work, but it indeed is working. :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds