Unable to access file shares from VPN

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Myrddin97, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Myrddin97

Myrddin97 Private E-2

I've got a SBS 2008 running with PPTP VPN setup. Most of the clients are Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, but I've been doing testing with Vista Buisness and XP Pro as well. I am able to connect to the VPN, ping the server by IP and name, but am unable to browse to the file shares on the server. The SBS is running DHCP and DNS. I used the wizard to set it up and only had an issue when it tried to used UPnP to configure the router. The only ports I have forwarded are 1723 and 47 for the VPN and 3389 for RDP. I feel like I'm missing something small and stupid. It's got to be a software setting, but I'm building a network diagram that I can post if needed. Local network file share access is working as desired. I even tried disabling the windows firewall to no effect.

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Did you get this figured out? I use a professional for this sort of work but I suspect it is in the ports. If you haven't resolved it i can ask.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds