can you recommend a good downloading program...

Discussion in 'Software' started by bbrich, Mar 13, 2004.

1. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

I just need a program that will allow me to queue several files, and allow me to download them one after another without me having to be in front of the computer for it to do so, I've used Download Accelerator Plus but it's been messing up lately and it's loaded with spyware, any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

2. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

3. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

I have been using Leechget for awhile and works pretty good.

4. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

thx for the quick replies, I just got Fresh Download and it seems to work but is there any way to queue the files, so the next file will download after the previous one finishes? Also, is there anyway to queue several url's at once, like a download all option if there are lots of url's on a single page (sorry if it doesn't make since I don't know how to explain it). With DAP if you right click on a single url the option pops up asking if you want to download all the url's on that page with DAP, which saves me lots of time :) thanks for your help, i'll try to explain my question into more detail if needed

5. JSDK

JSDK Private E-2

http://lycos26486.l97.lycos.com.cn/default.htm is not so known I guess but very good. Catches all links when used with MyIE2, never hangs or anything. Has a "Download all by Net Transport" in right-click menu, then some windows with filtering options. Also "add batch download" "import list files" (list of url to download) Updated often and keeps getting better, ambitions of going payware perhaps! :cool: Annoying it cant check download with AV and that sorting doesnt seem to work, time, size etc. but besides that Ive not noticed any problem in 3 months or so.

6. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

leechget is pretty much what I've been looking for b/c it can parse the sites allowing me to select the url's I want to download much faster then having to do so one by one, the only problem I have with it is that you can only have 8 files in the queue at once, is there anyway to get more without having to buy something?

7. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Fresh Download is very good. Now to help you out.

When you click on a link, and click "OK" to download with Fresh Download, the link is placed in the Queue. If you only want to download one file at a time, go into options and select the "Connections Tab" and change the number in "Max Simultanious Downloads" to 1, the program will then download the files one at a time without any intervention on your part, when one finishes, the next one will start.

In Options, "Integration Tab" near the bottom, is a check box for "Show FD in IE context menu", check that box, and in IE, and most of the browsers that work as a front for IE (Avant, MyIE) when you right click in the web page you will get the option to "Download All With FD". Select that option and all of the urls will be placed in the queue for download.

Hope this helps.

8. bbrich

bbrich Private E-2

EDIT: It wouldn't let me download all while using MYIE2 but then I switched to regular IE and it worked perfectly, switched back to MYIE2 and then it worked, thanks a lot man

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  9. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Fresh Download

I installed Fresh Downloader as a trial but PestPatrol found spyware ( 1 only) in the registry H_C_U/Software/fresh devices. I deleted the reference and ran Fresh Downloader again. Lo, and behold, spyware was back again, Spyware and Fresh Downloader now gone from my PC. I tried Download Accelerator Plus a couple of days ago and it loaded 130 (yes 130) pests onto my PC as detected by PestPatrol. Needless to say that is gone also, so I am still looking for one that works without spyware. Baz

====================================================

10. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

That is sure odd, I have used Fresh Download for a long time and it has not created any spyware. I will continue to use it. I think it is a good program. :) :rolleyes: You might try Download Express.

11. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Fresh Download

Thanks, Greyhound. I will d/load Fresh Download again, install it and check it out again, as the Irish say, to be sure, to be sure. Maybe I should just keep on taking the tablets,

Will check out Download Express as well.
    Do you have PestPatrol on your PC. If not, I would recommend it.

2 versions including free home version that I use
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/

Paid version will automatically delete these difficult to remove pests, plus more although I have not tried it. Baz
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/UpgradeArea/autoupgrade.asp
    =================================================

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds