USB flash drive not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lambertinut, Sep 13, 2005.

1. lambertinut

lambertinut Private E-2

I have a Sandisk Micro 128mb. It used to work, and then one day, it just quit working. It wasn't even recognized by Windows in any computer. The house can get over 100 degrees, could that be the problem? If so, is there anything I can do to get it working again?

2. Ravenspeed

Ravenspeed Private E-2

Did you unplug the usb drive without telling the hardware to disconnect on the task bar?

or it may be that you plugged it into a front usb port on a strange computer which had incorectly wired front usb ports and that killed it.

let me know if either of these are the case there may still be an option to recover the data from the key.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds