low disk space in hp tools dive e

Discussion in 'Software' started by may2014, Jul 12, 2014.

1. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

got this message from the computer and i went to computer and the bar is completely red. Also their computer has a lot of junk on it so i did a scan with malwarebytes and quarantined everything.

AVG antivirus is on there and threats popped up and I removed everything from there. computer has windows 7

2. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Your post is a bit too cryptic to give you a straight answer... or even deduce what the problems are. At the very least it sounds like you definitely have malware issues which may or may not be related to your lack of disk space problem. Malwarebytes isolates and deals with malware. It's not a program that isolates and deals with junk files/registry entries. For junk removal I recommend CCleaner which you can download from this site:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/ccleaner_standard.html

However, the first thing you need to do is REscan your system for malware. You apparently quarantined/deleted a bunch of malware using AVG and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. You should now do another full scan with both scanners to determine if you have residual malware that didn't get dealt with on the first run. If you find that you still have malware infection then you need to post this in the malware forum after running through the steps laid out in the MajorGeeks malware removal guide on this page:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147935

In order to assist you with your problem, people in this forum are going to need to know a lot more about your system, info that you can easily provide by using one of many good system profiling apps. I recommend an app called Speccy which will gather stats on your OS, software, and hardware, and will create a succinct report that you can post to this forum. Download the app from this website by using the following link:

http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html

Once you generate a report. Go to the following site to learn how to attach files to your posts:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

Then post a more detailed explanation of your problem in this thread and attach the Speccy report to the post.

Also, I don't mean to pester you but I have a few specific quetions:

1. When you say you "got this message" from your computer, are you referring to the title of your post (low disk space in hp tools dive e)?
    2. Did you mean to write "drive e" rather than "dive e"?
    3. Is the low disk space a problem on your main drive (where OS is installed)?
    4. Is the low disk space a problem on only a portion of the drive or the whole thing?
    5. Do you have low disk space problems on other drives?
    6. In the title of this thread, what "bar" is "completely red"?
    7. When you say that you "removed everything from there" using AVG, did you simply delete everything that AVG marked as suspicious or infected?

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Along with rustysavage's suggestions, be advised that Speccy publishes your Windows Product Key in it's report. Be sure to locate that info (it's near the beginning of the report) and delete it before attaching the report to prevent an unscrupulous person from using YOUR Product Key.

4. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

I looked up some suggestions to try for the low disk space/memory on drive e called hp tools. That was my main question, I just said what I did with AVG and Malwarebytes.

1. When you say you "got this message" from your computer, are you referring to the title of your post (low disk space in hp tools dive e)?
    2. Did you mean to write "drive e" rather than "dive e"?
    3. Is the low disk space a problem on your main drive (where OS is installed)?
    4. Is the low disk space a problem on only a portion of the drive or the whole thing?
    5. Do you have low disk space problems on other drives?
    6. In the title of this thread, what "bar" is "completely red"?
    7. When you say that you "removed everything from there" using AVG, did you simply delete everything that AVG marked as suspicious or infected?

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. drive e HP Tools
    4. whole thing
    5. no
    6. HP tools e:
    7. yes

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If that is the drive partition with your image partition and UEFI tools, I would let it be. You shouldn't be adding to it, and modifying it will probably not end in a good way.

6. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

If that is the drive partition with your image partition and UEFI tools, I would let it be. You shouldn't be adding to it, and modifying it will probably not end in a good way.

OK

7. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Thanks for covering my butt, mdonah. I usually issue that warning with my requests for info. I guess I'm a little rusty :-D

OK, that was a really bad pun.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds