Windows 8 serial

Discussion in 'Software' started by asher_friends, Jul 14, 2014.

1. asher_friends

asher_friends Private First Class

Hi Geeks, I have a dv2000 laptop which had windwos 8 pre installed in it. Off late there was a problem with the HDD and I lost recovery partition. So I had to install Windows 8 again. The issue is that Windows 8 doesnt provide serial number at the back of the laptop, just a sticker. Is there anything I can do to get the serial number from the BIOS(because its the only screen I can access as of now). Please reply ASAP. Thank you

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Unfortunately, you may not get help with this because proving ownership of the computer is so difficult. MGs will not help someone "hack".

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

When you reinstall, Windows will check the UEFI/BIOS for a valid COA number. You will not need to enter it. That;s why it is not on the COA sticker.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

If the Win 8/8.1 DVD isn't an OEM that came with the computer, won't there be a mismatch?

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

As long as they reinstall the same version it shouldn't matter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds