Need a good Connection Monitor.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Deo, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Deo

Deo Private E-2

We recently had a guy rehook the security system to our house back up, not that we will use it but the discount on home insurance is really nice, but last time we had it going we had some issues with our DSL internet.

To sum it up, the security system was causing noise in the phone system which was causing problems with our connection. The guy who rehooked the system had no idea if what he did would cause they same issue to happen again. I have had the internet drop on me ten minutes into a proctored online exam with my university class, so I really need to make sure it is stable.

So, can anyone recommend me a program that will monitor my internet speed for a period of time. I do not want to use the routers software, its pretty terrible, so any recommendations would be welcome.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Netlimiter is good but not free, however you can use the trial period to test your connection and see if you can find an issue.

Will your phone company test your line out for you as they may see where the issue lies.
    Do you hear a lot of static on the line now, and if so have you made sure DSL filters are in each phone connection or only plug into the main line with a filter to test if portable home phones could be causing this?

NetBalancer maybe a good free option, I will say I have not used this one yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds