How do you open the Vista box?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Aimee Wilbury, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

I found a new copy of Vista Home Premium at a yard sale for $20. But how do you get the box open? :-D

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

If you already have a pc type into google knife then learn how to use it and after several attemts to open the box you don't succeed kill yourself with knife !roflmao

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

I'm certain Aimee, got us bit confused. She's a advanced user - Still & Rusty - with a sense of humor to boot ;)

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

*smiles* Halo will be in here in a min. and move this to the lounge.... might as well cough up a furball while goofing off. *coughs*

Did you really find Vista for 20$ I'm kind of gullible at times, but that would be a good find!

5. Aimee Wilbury

Yes, it was at a yard sale. We know the person, and the box is sealed, thus the problems opening it.

Good thing for my all-purpose letter opener/back scratcher/shrinkwrap splitter/keyboard cleaner!

6. Aimee Wilbury

I finally got it open. I had to gently pull it out rather than trying to rip off the cover.

7. Mankind

Mankind Just call me MK - RIP 2014

ROFLMAO too funny.My copy of Vista just opens like a dvd box(plastic part).;)

8. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

9. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

A bit late, weren't you?See post 6.

10. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

How so?:confused He answered the original question that was posed which in turn answers the question for others who may be searching the forum on how to do it without the risk of hurting yourself or damaging the disk.:)

11. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I stand corrected.;)
    I should have said"A bit late for the poster."since she had already got her disk out of the box.

12. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

:foolish ;)

13. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

14. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

I think they're making packaging harder to get into so people don't open them in the stores.

15. Aimee Wilbury

Or maybe it's a conspiricy! If you can't open it, you have to go to a computer place, and they charge you $$$ to open it! And for every dollar they make from opening Vista boxes, they pay Microsoft 50%!

16. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nah no conspiracy, just not the best box design or box design/artwork is good but the mechanism to open it not so good, sparked alot of posts on forums and blogs did the tough to open box when Vista first came out, hence the KB article that Maxwell posted was created to show user how you open the damn thing.

Think I'm designing the next Windows box for MSFT if you get 50% of the cost to open it, I would be with my design, not only geek-enemy #1 but retired in 6mths witht he revenues :)

17. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya, I remember seeing some really banged up boxes! Real or not, I dunno but nevertheless very funny.:-D

18. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Try one of these:

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds