Secunia says Chrome problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

I ran Secunia PSI this morning. It reports that Chrome is outdated and offered a Fix button. I tried it three times but Chrome reports an error and won't download.

(Glad Ikept IE as a backup browser.)

What do you suggest? Deleting and reinstalling Chrome? It seems the obvious thing to do but dumb old me is scared of making major changes without asking you first.

(One of your super guys suggested Secunia PSI and it is a great program for catching security problems.)

2. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Chrome will not uninstall.

3. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Comodo Browser will not install.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

With Chrome open, click the spanner top right and click 'About Google Chrome'. It will automatically update itself., probably from 12 to 13.

Secunia PSI always has problems updating Chrome, and continues to report Chrome 12 as out of date even after you have updated to 13. You may find you also have PSI problems with Adobe Flash. PSI is useful, but far from perfect.

5. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Many thanks for the help. Unfortunately, when I tried to uninstall Chrome and it wouldn't, it also locked the browser so I can't open it. I'll try restarting my computer to see if that helps.

Thus far, Secunia has proved a wonderful help to me and today is the first time it's shown an item it couldn't fix. When I first used it, it showed two programs that were highly dangerous and I removed them because I didn't know how they got on my computer in the first place. I'll still run it occasionally, but I will be careful of the information it finds.

6. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Why can't I delete Chrome?

I've downloaded Opera to take its place, but I don't need three browsers.

7. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

What happens when you try? (Uninstall, I mean, not delete.)

8. samtal

samtal Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds