super anti spyware in linux

Discussion in 'Software' started by jerryhacks18, Apr 5, 2012.

1. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

I was just wondering if super anti spyware run properly in linux ;)

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

3. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Heh, I *do* see your wink. :)
    Well I suppose you could install it on a Windows VM running within Linux. Or install it in Wine.
    I protect my Slackware box from malware running a hardware firewall (pfSense) and an IP tables firewall. On occasion I scan for malware with RKHunter.

4. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

Because Iwas wondering if I would be able to scan my hard drive from a linux shell
    backround: I am running a linux os on a windows computer because the windows os wont boot because of virus in the hard disk.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

You might be able to install ClamAV on the live disk running Linux. What Linux distrobution are you using?

7. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

ubuntu 11

8. BoredOutOfMyMind

Hi jerryhacks18, you could run Clam AV with Ubuntu. I would suggest if you are trying to salvage a virus infested Windows system, to instead visit the Malware/Spyware area and allow the fine folks there help you restore what is broken. Be patient, as the Malware folks are volunteers. I found I had help within 12 hours, and the answers were easy to follow.

Link to the Malware Area - Please see the READ ME FIRST thread before you post

If you are wanting to try Linux out and want to still use ClamAV, there is no GUI by itself, you have then add on a GUI.

Ubuntu Help page for ClamAV.

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

10. BoredOutOfMyMind

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds