Explorer problems, i think ??

Discussion in 'Software' started by bakerbj, Oct 27, 2005.

1. bakerbj

bakerbj Private E-2

OK. ( XP ) For some time now when I look at task manager my explorer program is running at 99% CPu and 220,000 memory, If end it and restart explorer it work find, but recently my PC keeps switch of and on, sometime I can't even get into Windows, it just restarts, If I try to run to many things at once it switches off, or if I play Medal of Honor, after about 3 minutes it switches off. I have run scandisk and anti virus, I am my wits end, please help

2. fishkake

fishkake Private E-2

I have had the same in the past - stop explorer and start it again, then everything's fine. Annoying, isn't it.

Unfortunately after running a whole host of diagnistic tools (all of which said nothing was wrong) and even the Windows XP repair tool from the CD rom, the problem didn't go away. I tried a few forums, and acted on the only advice I got - reinstall!

3. bakerbj

bakerbj Private E-2

Problem is the only Windows Xp disc i have is an old one, I always tells me there is a new verision on my PC ?

4. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Its telling you if you install this (xp from cd) you will lose all your SP or updates.

The pc shutting itself off MAY point to an overheating problem as most graphics cards or mobos shut down b4 they can be fried(self preservation)

afewotheridears

5. bakerbj

bakerbj Private E-2

didn't thinkn of the graphics card, that would make sence, the CPU is not overheating, How can I tell if the graphics card is overheating. Beause when ever i play a game it does switch off.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds