Revo uninstaller question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tnelson, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Tnelson

Tnelson Private E-2

I have seen some discrepancy on how to use Revo Uninstaller when cleaning up leftover registry items that the scan finds.

After the scan is complete a listing of anything leftover it finds in the registry is listed. It seems there are some that say to only check(tic) the bolded items that it finds then delete, while others advise to just "Select all" then delete. The school of thought for those that suggest "Select all" say that by selecting all you are only deleting the leftover items that Revo has found.

So my question is... wouldn't checking only the bolded items be the same as "Selecting all" ??

Can anyone familiar with Revo Uninstaller clear this up?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Personally and even though I do know my way around the registry manually, I would heed the applications actual warning of "only choose the bold items" in the registry removal section and reason for me is some applications "could" use the same registry file especially if from same software company.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you choose everything, you will delete necessary registry keys and probably render windows badly in need of repair, if it boots up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds