Realtek High Definition Audio Driver problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by elder89, Aug 15, 2008.

1. elder89

elder89 Private E-2

Wonder if you can help me. Ive got an MSI RD480 and had an creative audigy installed and due to it crackling I took it out to take it back and now i want my onboard Realtek to work and after uninstalling every trace of creative software i installed the Realtek High Definition Audio 2.01 for vista.

It goes to install and says that it does and i restart and nothing happens there is still the 'no audio output device is installed' message in the toolbar. Have tried all the advice on these threads and none of them apply as the install hasn't installed if ya get me. Nothing comes up under sound devices in device manager. It only appears in add/remove programmes to remove it. Theres no indication that any version i try to install works. and it definitley was working before i put the audigy in. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Chances are, the on board RealTek has been disabled in the system BIOS in order to avoid conflicts with the Creative sound card. Now that the Creative is gone, you have to go into the BIOS and re-enable the on board audio adapter. Most motherboards use F2 or Del right when you power up to get into the BIOS. Then poke around looking for the On Board Audio settings (may be listed under Integrated Peripherals). Enable it, save your settings, reboot, and Vista should detect the audio adapter, and will either install the driver or will prompt you to install it....
    :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds