Buzzing mobo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kyoukan, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kyoukan

kyoukan Private E-2

So a few months ago my mother called me for the first time complaining that she couldn't get the computer to start up. Well naturally I assumed it was because there have been times when the computer will go into sleep mode, and then when it would start up everything ran, yet the screen was still black. Generally I just ignored it, and kept restarting the system.

Well.. eventually the sleep button light will still blink, but even if you press the power button, it would not start up. Usually I would unplug the power cord, replug it, press the power button and it would start up normally. Well lately these comas have become more frequent, and the unplug/replugging does not work.

After leaving the case open, I noticed a buzzing noise coming from the motherboard but I can't pin point where it's coming from directly. I thought that maybe my power supply was going bad, but after testing the voltage output, everything seems fine. The only other thing I can assume is that the motherboard is going bad.

Has anyone come across this type of problem? The feedback would be very helpful.

Thanks

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

To help you find where the buzz is coming from, use a paper towel tube.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds