World of Warcraft Err 132

Discussion in 'Software' started by iamthelizardkng, Aug 21, 2005.

1. iamthelizardkng

iamthelizardkng Private E-2

I've been having this problem for a long time. I really enjoy the game but I don't think I can keep playing if this continues. I'll be playing for a while and the game crashes with Error 132.

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
    Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:00000000

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
    The memory could not be "read".

Theres a dedicated thread on the WoW site to this error, but the suggestions they make have no effect, my BIOS is up to date, my RAM is fine (I ran the memchecker) and I'm at a loss for ideas.

The only thing I havn't done is flash my BIOS. Is this not the same thing as updating the BIOS?

My mobo is an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, and a Raedon 9600XT is my vid card. Got 1.5gig of kingston ram. (another suspicion I have is that my RAM might not be in the correct slots on the mobo)

Thanks alot.
    thelizardkng

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

3. iamthelizardkng

iamthelizardkng Private E-2

yea, I havn't used any UI mods in quite a long time because I thought they were the cause. I pulled my soundblaster card out today and have had a minimal amount of crashes. Using the mobos onboard card now, so although the problem isn't solved, its certainly a remedy.

thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds