Missing amtlib.dll to open Photoshop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ancsi0909, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancsi0909

Ancsi0909 Private E-2

Hello,

I need your help or advice, please..

I installed the new Photoshop CS 6 some months ago and it worked fine. 2 months later I got problems with a virus so I downloaded some new antivirus- and malware-program and run the tests, and one of them put a file from Photoshop to carantene. I tried to open Photoshop (still having the antivirus-programme) and it worked OK so I didn't think tyice and deleted the antivirus-program. Since then if I click on opening PS the system tells me that I don't have the amtlib.dll on my computer so I need to reinstall the programme. But we moved some weeks ago and the laptop-bag with the installation CD has disappeared.
    I tried to look for this file on the net but all the things that I found told me to download different programmes (which I tried) but they didn't give me any amtlib.dll .
    My question. I have a friend who has PS CS 6 too. Do you think if I asked him to look for this file on his PC and sent it to me per mail, and I'd copy it into my PS programme, would it start again?
    If not, do you have any other idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

The file you are requesting is on this site http://www.dll-files.com/ download it from there and you will need to unzip the file.

Hope this helps

Andy

3. Ancsi0909

Ancsi0909 Private E-2

Hi Andy,

OK thanks I'll try to DL it tomorrow and let you know if I managed and if it'll restart.
    Thanks
    Angie

4. Ancsi0909

Ancsi0909 Private E-2

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure which file to download. If I click on the link and click on DL in zip-file, there are two 32 bits-one 6.0.0.75 and 3.0.0.34, and a 64 bit, 7.0.0.169. I tried to DL one 64-bit and if I click on open it, it says: "It does not look like your system is configured to properly view this file. You can continue but the file you are trying to view may look "wrong"."
    If I click OK, it opens a note (text).
    So I don't know which one to DL, and if I DL, how can I copy and paste it into Photoshop?

Thanks,
    Angie

5. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

It goes by the version of your OS if you can't do that one click on the next one which is the blue button but save the file to your hard drive first before running the program.

6. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I have fixed several programs over the years with dll errors with this site. Some advise against downloading dll files but this site has always worked. Skip their autofix though and do it manually.

Good tip sexyandy81!

7. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds