Accidental Registry Deletion

Discussion in 'Software' started by RE2LeonS, Sep 24, 2008.

1. RE2LeonS

RE2LeonS Private First Class

I accidently deleted my Unistall Registry file when I was trying to clean something out and now I can't unistall any programs on my computer. How can I recreate this registry?

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. RE2LeonS

4. RE2LeonS

...anyone?

5. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

i took a look in my registry and in that registry key is all the software you have installed on you computer unless you have made a backup of your registry some programs you install prompt you to backup registries while you install like advanced windows care if you haven't a backup you may have to reinstall everything to rebuild that part of your registry

6. RE2LeonS

Seriously?! It was just the Uninstall registry, the only thing it seems to affect is the Add/Remove Programs function

7. iwunderdownunder

exactly when you try to uninstall a certain program it looks in this key for the path to the uninstaller for that program and not being able to find that path it appears that the program doesn't exist

8. RE2LeonS

There has to be a way I can recreate it with out having to basically reformat my computer

9. iwunderdownunder

possibly i am not real sure so you don't have a backup of your registry i will browse the net an see what i can find but like i said that key has references to everything you have on your computer

10. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Why not repair the installation, with the OS CD.

11. iwunderdownunder

the key you delete was it hkey local machine software microsoft windows currentversion uninstall or was it elswhere if it was this key you add and remove programs list would not populate is this correct

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds