Firefox address bar/search

Discussion in 'Software' started by wmarkj, Dec 15, 2008.

1. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

When I want to search by typing a topic in the Firefox address bar, it is defaulting to an AIM search engine. How do I change it to Google?

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

there's a little icon to the left of the box (mine is a big G for google) i would assume yours is the aol/aim search icon, click on it and a menu should come up for you to choose the search provider, and also to manage search engines. if google is in the list, make sure its the first on the list.

3. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

Thanks. I found the Manage Search Engines over to the right of the address bar. Google is at the top. I deleted the AIM toolbar sometime ago, and it is no longer listed there as a search option. Still unable to make Google my pref.

4. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

5. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

Many thanks. This got me to where google comes up when I type in a search. Is there a way to get it to go ahead and provide the search results when typing into address bar?

6. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

thanks for continued help. it does say "true", but just brings up the google search page, no results when typing a subject in address bar.

7. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

8. wmarkj

wmarkj Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds