I give up (almost)-- HELP Please

Discussion in 'Software' started by RacerXXX, Jul 8, 2004.

1. RacerXXX

RacerXXX Private E-2

I have this annoying little problem. I have some kind of worm/virus that will not leave. I at one time had Blaster and got rid of it. I also had a Sasser worm and got rid of that a couple of months ago. Now the computer is acting up again and I can not get rid of anything. It will not let me access regedit or msconfig, if I type the word "virus" in a web browser it shuts down IE, I can't load any virus software or internet programs such as HouseCall or open the McAfee Stinger program, not even in safe modes. Please help, I would rather not have to wipe my whole computer. Any ideas at all would be helpful. :confused: :mad: :(

2. djuly

djuly Private E-2

Have you tried running an application like Ad-Aware or Spy Sweeper in Safe Mode? It may not help you if you are infected by a true virus, but it is at least something to try before formatting.

3. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Have you tried disabling system restore and then going into safe mode? Sometimes the buggars hide in system restore and by essentally killing off your restore points, which disabling system restore does,will allow you to use safe mode to run stinger and any other hunter/killer apps you have.

4. RacerXXX

RacerXXX Private E-2

I tried the spyware in safemode. I was also able to run the AntiVir freeware program, it found 6 worms and deleted them. I still can't get in to regedit or msconfig.

***I just went into a directory and I keep getting warnings for the Agobot.AFJ worm, but I can'r delete it. Any ideas??***

5. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Have you disabled your restore points?

6. RacerXXX

RacerXXX Private E-2

Yeah, done all that. I delete the files and they immediately replicate themselves...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds