Change rings for modem to pick up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrudella, Jan 16, 2004.

1. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

I currently have a RAS server hooked up to my network, where my dad can dial to my house and connect to my home LAN. Do you know how I can change how many rings it takes for the modem to pick up? Currently, it's picking up on the 1st ring. This RAS is on a single phone line system with my DSL and house phones. With the RAS enabled, I can't receive any calls without the modem picking up in the background.

2. mrudella

bump message

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

been a long time since I Messed with dialup.. check the modem properties to see if there is a setting for that.. can't remember.. but since no one else replied.

4. mrudella

I tried that. Appears to be no such setting. I looked in the Routing and Remote Access window in Windows, and also found no settings.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

6. mrudella

7. mrudella

should I create a new thread for that question?

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

yes please. When your original question has been resolved, start a new thread for any new questions. It helps keep threads clean.

9. mrudella

will do that. thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds