magnification

Discussion in 'Software' started by john seymour, Sep 24, 2006.

1. john seymour

john seymour Private E-2

Are there any programs that will let you just zoom in on a portion of whatever you happen to have up on your screen at the time? I would find this enormously useful. Sorry if this has been previously covered, but I am pretty new at this and would appreciate any input.Possibly I already have it in my Windows 98SE but don'
    t know how to use it? Thanks, js.

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to Majorgeeks! :)

So basically you want a desktop magnification device?

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

4. john seymour

john seymour Private E-2

Yes! (i guess.) Desktop mag does sound like what I want. Viper, the site you directed me to has many of them. Can you suggest one? By the way, thanks to you gents for the rapid responses. I am new here, and thanks also for the greeting. Very cool site. js.

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

nah i cant reccomend any, have used any b4. what are you going to be using it for, image editing or sumthin?

6. john seymour

john seymour Private E-2

nothing specific, just to look closer at pix i get off of various sites like astronomy, dirt bikes, etc. i don't care about being able to print or even save or such. I guess I'll just try one at random from the list you kindly supplied.

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

If you use FireFox you can download "image zoom" which will allow you to right click on images within webpages and zoom in on them to whatever level you want but be aware that if it is a poor quality image then it will become pixelated very quickly and look like crap.

8. john seymour

john seymour Private E-2

thanks for the info,bold eagle. i don't currently use firefox much, but will keep that in mind. js

9. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

10. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Ditto the FastStone great program plus has many more photo options, than just resizing, that would be my pick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds