Sending Error in Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Software' started by craigharrison, Nov 7, 2005.

1. craigharrison

craigharrison Private First Class

I am having real difficult time with a couple of clients with their outlook 2002 and Outlook Express. All of them are on Windows XP Home and get a similar error message that states:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
    rejected by the server.
    The rejected e-mail address was 'ken@jerseyappraisalservices.com'.
    Subject 'testing
    emailing reports', Account: 'mail.jerseyappraisal.com',
    Server: 'mail.jerseyappraisal.com', Protocol: SMTP,
    Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <ken@jerseyappraisalservices.com>...
    we do not relay <kenny@jerseyappraisal.com>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
    No,
    Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Tech Support of a few ISP's have said that the email is configured properly but all refer me to Microsoft to resolve. So far they haven't been much of a help either.

Does anyone have a solution to this frustrating situation? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Actually, the email is not configured correctly. 550 errors are relaying errors, meaning you are either using an SMTP server not allowed by your ISP, or their SMTP server is having problems. Chances are, its the first scenario. In most cases, you must use your ISP's smtp server.

3. craigharrison

Thank you for the reply. I have used the SMPT settings according to three ISP's. I can't tell you how frustrating this is. Any other suggestions?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What ISP are you using, and what is the smtp server you are using with it?

5. craigharrison

One is a Verizon email account which uses for their SMPT outgoing.verizon.net, another client uses mail.jerseyappraisalservices.com, and another uses AOL's email which right now I can't remember. I appreciate your attention on this.

6. craigharrison

Oh, I forgot one other thing. All of them are using Verizon DSL.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

9. craigharrison

Ok, here's a twist, I went to the client's office and looked into his email Accounts in Outlook 2002 and say the password box is blank with the "remember password" box checked. I put in the password and now he can send email. I don't have faith that this is the end of his problem though. Any thoughts?

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That should do it, from what I read. New-ish Verizon email policies require authentication via username and password for the SMTP. I'd be content to believe that you found your culprit.

11. craigharrison

I thought so too but just got called by the client who said that after sending a number of reports (real estate appraisal reports) he is now getting that error again. I can't believe it! I walked him through the email accounts and had him retype his password. Now it works again. No faith in this solution :rolleyes:

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If he has to keep entering in the password, there is something wrong with the email client.

I'd remove the account and put it back in.

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

14. craigharrison

Well that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

15. craigharrison

Goodmorning, I am still having difficulty with this problem. I followed Matacumbie's link but it really only gave me the same information which I have already configured. I deleted the email account anyway and set it up again, according to the verizon instructions but am still getting the same error. Please help I'm going nuts over this.

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

WHat OS is this mail client running on?

17. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If its XP, I have a probable solution, but have to leave for a class.

So...it will be a few hours before I get back to ya.

18. craigharrison

Yes, it is XP Home on two and another client has XP Pro. Thanks again.

19. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  20. craigharrison

It looks like it is working now. Thank you so much for all your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds