PCI Ethernet Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vikingman4456, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Vikingman4456

Vikingman4456 Private First Class

Well I have an issue here with a Gateway motherboard (not again:-D). The thing is I don't know the serial number to do a download that I may need, to make this device work. I'll explain---I done a complete wipe with Boot & Nuke and done an OS install which happens to be windows ME. I was pretty much satisified in that install went flawless until I tried to go online and couldn't. The motherboard in question was one that I had laying around and I got bored so I figured I'd frankenstien a unit together and maybe hook it up to the folding team here. I have done some ( a lot ) reasearch and came up with it is a Santorini motherboard with a 950mhz celeron processor. It has a Intel(r) 810E2 chipset and yes I've done all the downloading of drivers and such and I still have the problem. I even went as far as trying to install a PCI ethernet card, loading the drivers ( before I installed the card and after) and still no go. So--- does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. Vikingman4456

Thanks for the input. Here is where I'm at--I installed the driver link you provided and still no go on connecting. I don't get any error messages at all, I just get the "page cannot be displayed" and I go through the motions to establish my connection to no avail. All I can give you as far as whats happening I go to systems properties and I have other devices with a yellow question mark that are unsupported. Before I ran the provided link for drivers my( system properties other devices )had the yellow question mark but it was for PCI ethernet driver which yes it had the question mark too. Gotta be something stupid that I'm not doing right or something.

4. timthefunnyman

timthefunnyman Private E-2

I'm not very good with the drivers but I did have the same problem 3 days ago. If your getting problems it could be that your using Windows ME and the drivers that you've tried aren't compatible to ME. It would also be some help if you knew the exact name of the motherboard..

5. Vikingman4456

:mad Well I don't have a clue what I done but this thing got me riled ! I gave up and I'm now running a BOOT AND NUKE AGAIN to just start from scratch. Is there anything special I should do before I load the OS or is there a particular protocol I should follow other than inserting the OS Disc. Thanks for the help and I'm sure I'll be posting something else here real soon :-o

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

After installing your OS, generate an Everest report on the PC you're having trouble with. Upload the report as an attachment to a future post and we'll go from there....

7. Vikingman4456

Well I done all I said I was going to do and I still have the PCI ETHERNET CONTROLLER with a yellow question mark. However this time I installed the unofficial SP update for Windows ME and I now have a MSIEXEC.EXE issue which I'll take of ( maybe/hopefully) after I can get this thing online. Ok I downloaded the everest software but there is something not right because I cant even run winzip to extract anything so I'll await further instructions before I proceed I guess. Thanks for the assistance !!!:wave

8. Vikingman4456

Ok I finally got somewhere with 7zip and was able to gather this information on the system. The log is posted but as far as if I done the system scan correct or not we will see. The reason I say that is because the program must have started the scan itself as I didn't see it do anything. I found this and hope that its is what I need. Sorry for the extra post, I just felt this info was relevant to helping me solve my problem and the sooner I got it posted the closer I'd be to solving it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  9. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds