Newbie here:)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by tompiercingloos, Dec 19, 2006.

1. tompiercingloos

tompiercingloos Private E-2

Hi, i'm new to this forum, but I hope my malware problems will be resolved soon, i've followed all the steps in the tutorial, but I didn't get a response yet.
    Perhaps I can't even be helped:(
    But i just thought; lets introduce myself.
    Call me Tom:)
    HI!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Tom and welcome,

The below link will give you some clues as to how the malware part of this forum works and why answers may not come within a few hours of posting, as the malware guys work from the older posts upwards and try to get through as many as possible, as all of us here help in what freetime we have spare, you will be helped out with your malware problem as soon as possible,

Don't Bump! It Only Hurts You!!!

3. tompiercingloos

Thanks:), i've already taken the time to read that thread:), thats why I know it will take more then a couple of hours, been 2 and a halve hours this far, but I think it will take 1 to 2 days, but do you perhaps have any suggestions for my Norton Antivirus 2005 program so I wont get those annoying messages anymore; right now i'm getting messages indicating my e-mails are being scanned, while I did not send any e-mails!
    Also i'm getting pop-ups from Norton, telling me that my e-mails are blocked, but it doesnt give me 1 pop-up or message, no i'm getting hundreds!
    Is there anyway i can adjust my Norton so I won't be getting those annoying messages and pop-ups without stopping Norton from blocking the Spams and/or virus thingy's the virus is sending?
    (perhaps the wrong place to ask, but it's not really a Software PROBLEM, it's a software Question, so I thought, perhaps I should ask it here:confused: )
    Sorry if I guessed it wrong:)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Multiple emails getting sent and not from you on your PC, is a sign of an infection sending those out, if Norton is blocking them, let it as your ISP can give you a warning or halt your service for flooding their servers with infected emails.. until your deemed clear of malware, so best to have them blocked and wait for one of the malware guys to assist you.

5. tompiercingloos

I was already afraid you would be going to say that:(
    Alright then, I will sit tight and wait untill this darn pesky Malware thing is removed, btw before I say things I would regret later.. What is Malware actually? I know Spyware, Virus, Trojan(horse) and Keyloggers, but what is Malware?:p

6. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

7. tompiercingloos

Thanks! No further questions left, all I have to do Is wait now for the help at the Malware forum.

8. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds