How do I reset Windows Wireless Settings to Default Values?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raremedium, Apr 18, 2008.

1. raremedium

raremedium Private E-2

I recently go attacked by a rootkit bagle virus (thanks chaslang for all your help) and upon recovering my wireless network is disabled.

Here is what I know:
    1) When in the control panel / network connections and I double click the wireless network connection I get a message: "Windows cannot configure the wireless connection. If you want windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero configuration (WZC) service."
    2) When I try to start that service, I get a 1068 error message.
    3) When I reseach that message on microsoft.com I get a list of services that WZC requires to be up and running, and I confirmed that they all are running.
    4) It looks like something called Intel PROset/Wireless is controlling the wireless connection because it is detecting wireless but when I use IT to connect nothing happens, and up until the virus I always used Windows wireless network connection.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I have unistalled and reinstalled Networking via Add/Remove Windows programs.
    I have reset my Internet Setting to their default.

Thanks for any help.
    -Chris

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Disable the Intel PROset if you want to use the Windows connection utility.
    The 2 softwares are conflicting, you can only use 1 at a time.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds