vista wont open attachments in hotmail

Discussion in 'Software' started by wongie, Dec 8, 2008.

1. wongie

wongie Private E-2

having trouble opening attachments in hotmail with vista. happens on both .doc and pdfs. wasnt a problem before. pls help

2. sjl1986

sjl1986 Private E-2

It wasn't a problem "before" what? Give a little more information. Did you recently install or uninstall any applications? Do you have a copy of Microsoft Word installed as well as a copy of Adobe reader?

3. wongie

wongie Private E-2

im not sure when exactly this began. i do have windows updates that load up all the time but apart from that, cant think of any installs i did recently adn ywe i do have both adobe 8 and word 03 installed .

4. sjl1986

sjl1986 Private E-2

Ok, well I guess I need you to try and give me some step by step information on what exactly happens when you click on an attachment from your email. Normally the attachment will ask you to "run" or "save" in which case you'd select "run" if you just wanted to see it. It should then choose the best program to open it with.

I thought that may be where your problem lies. Sometimes you have to tell Windows which program to use to open a PDF or DOC if something has corrupted that setting.

Try going to your hotmail and making a short step by step log of exactly what happens and exactly what you click. I don't actually have a computer with Vista on it right now but I have used it so hopefully I'll be able to help you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds